He Deserved Better

Kelly's POV

"No." I said. Or at least I think I did. To be honest I don't know if I could hear anything, say anything or move at that moment. All I could hear was a ringing in my ears. A loud high pitched ring. I know I felt sick. I wanted to throw up. My mouth was dry and numb like it was when I was about to throw up. But nothing came.

I felt my legs again after a few moments and I tried to move but instead I collapsed. But I needed to get to him. Luke. He needed me. So I found myself clawing at the grass. Louis must have come down to his knees next to me because his hand reached out and grabbed my wrist.

I looked back at him and he said something but I couldn't hear anything. Nothing except the loud ringing.

"What?" I said. Or at least I think I did. He said it again so I assumed it was audible. That or he could read my lips.

"What?" I said trying to scream this time.

"It needed to be done." He said as the ringing abruptly stopped.

I felt a huge lump in my throat as his words played over and over in my ear. It needed to be done. What did that even mean? What needed to be done? Killing Luke, the man I loved. It needed to be done. And then the thought came to my mind and I jerked my wrist away.

"You knew." I said. I felt my eyes growing wider. I never hated my brother. Not until now. I never saw him as conniving or vindictive or evil. But now he was all those things.

"Kelly you don't understand." He said but I saw red. I lunged at him. I shoved him hard. Then I got to my feet and ran. I needed to get to Luke. But he tackled me.

"Kelly don't go over there."

"Get off of me." I screamed as he rolled me over and sat on me holding my wrist down.

I heard screaming. It was Talia. And that made me want to move more. Now I knew. He was gone. And this was over. We were over. There was no going back.

The last words we had ever said to each other were words of anger. At least on his side. He died hating me. I felt tears begin to fall from my eyes.

"Why?" I asked through my tears.

"He was a problem. We have enough problems." He said looking down at me. I could see the hurt in his eyes. No doubt due to the fact that he knew I was hurting. But he didn't get off of me. I think he thought he was protecting me.

"Get off of her." I heard Harry say and soon I heard his footsteps.

"No." I screamed as I knew he was coming towards us.

"Kelly calm down." He said it so nonchalant. Like he had spilt a drink or something. Like it was nothing. Like Luke was nothing.

"Stay away from me." I screamed wiggling.

"Harry you might want to go away." Louis said.

"DON'T COME OVER HERE." I screamed so loud my throat burned. But I didn't care. I couldn't see him. I didn't want to see him ever again.

Then I heard a thud.

Louis went to get up but then sat back down.

"Fuck you!" I heard a voice, probably Harry although it was tough to tell because it was muffled like it was through gritted teeth.

"Why!?" I heard another voice. Again through gritted teeth. "God Damn it WHY?" This time it screamed and I knew.

"Let me up." I screamed shoving Louis. He didn't expect this because he was watching what was happening and he fell back. I kicked my feet out from under him and was up before he had a chance to stop me.