14.

When I get home, my mom isn't here. I am a little relieved because I'm nervous to face her after our fight this morning, it was just so out of character for her and because the things she said - the things she accused me of, they hit me hard and took my breath away.

Fieldan and I had talked for awhile, I told her all about my fight with my mom and then I told her about how I like Ian. Field didn't say much on the topic of me and Ian, which kind kf worried me and made me think she didn't approve. In fact, all she said was, "I knew it!"

I left shortly after that, noticing that Ian's door was open but his room was empty. I didn't see him anywhere on the house on my way out, and when I walked to my car I noticed his bike was gone.

I went straight home and took a shower before putting on some comfy clothes and collapsing in my bed, the weight of everything that had happened today pushing on my chest. I could feel the tension building into a massive headache and after lying in the dark for what felt like hours, I was just about to fall asleep when my phone chimed from where it is charging on my nightstand. Without opening my eyes I reached for my phone, pulling it free from the charger and through squinted eyes I read the screen. 

Ian:  Come outside. 

I read the text three times before getting out of my bed and walking over to my window and looking down towards the street. Ian is parked right in front of my house, leaning against his bike and looking up at my bedroom window. When I pull the curtain back, he smiles and waves, making me forget all about the heaviness I was feeling earlier. 

I quickly put on my shoes and practically run down the stairs and out the door to meet him. "I didn't hear you pull up." 

"I pushed the bike once I got to the corner, I didn't want to wake your mom and ruin my plan."

His plan? I arch my brow but he gives nothing away. "She's not home, but that was good thinking." 

"In that case..." He hands me the extra helmet that has become known as mine, since no one else rides with him, "hop on."

I don't ask where we were going, I dpn't care, I just want to spend time with him. I'm curious about his "plan", but I don't ask about that either because I have a feeling he isn't going to tell me.

We drive towards town and I think we are going to the park where the batting cages are, but we drive past it and turn off on a road that leads towards the lake. Ian parks in the empty parking lot and takes off his helmet, shaking out his hair - he had gotten it cut a couple of days ago so his fade was fresh and made him look even more attractive than normal, if that's even possible. 

"You're staring at me again." He smirks as he gets off the bike and I do the same, resting my helmet on the seat beside his. 

"Sorry. I can't help it." I shrug, no longer feeling the need to hide these things from him, not after what I told him today. 

"I know the feeling." 

He turns and leaves me standing in the parking lot with my mouth open as he walks towards the picnic tables at the waters edge. "You coming?" he calles over his shoulder, and even though I can't see his face right now, I know he is still wearing that smirk.

He takes a seat on top of the picnic table closest to the water and I sit beside him, so close that our knees are touching. Neither one of us say anything, we just sit together in our normal, comfortable silence. That's one of the things I like most about Ian, he's quiet and comfortable. He doesn't push or judge or force you into anything - he just lets everything happen as it happens. 

"So, we didn't get to finish our talk earlier." He turns so that he's facing me, and his smirk is gone, replaced with a serious expression that reminds me so much of how he was when I first met him.