9.

When I wake up the next morning, my head is pounding and I'm confused as to where I am until I notice the bright pink floral comforter wrapped around me.

How did I end up in Fieldan's room?

The last thing I remember is arguing -well, more like yelling at since he wasn't really arguing back - with Ian. I also remember emptying the contents of my stomach on Hayden's lawn, so I can only assume that Ian brought me back here.

It's actually really sweet that he put me in Field's room. I'm so embarrassed by the way I acted towards him though, that there's no way I can face him. He probably thinks I'm insane, or worse he's still hurt by what I said.

As slowly and steady as I can, so that I don't make the pounding in my head worse, I get out of my best friend's bed and slip on my shoes. I grab the wall for balance and make my way towards the bathroom down the hall.

Thankfully, from Fieldan's bedroom I can see that Ian's bedroom door is closed. As quiet as possible, I close the bathroom door behind me and splash some water on my face. It helps me wake up a little, but my head is still throbbing and I know that going home is only going to make it worse. Being Old Annie for a night didn't go as planned, if anything it just made things worse and now I have to go back home to my mom ignoring me and sink back into my bad mood.

My phone vibrates from the pocket of my dress and I pull it out, squinting as the bright light of the screen does nothing to dull the ache in my head.

Field: How was it?

It was a disaster.

Field: Oh no. What happened? Are you okay?

Talk when you get home? It's a long story.

I place my phone back in my pocket and and grab some Tylenol from the medicine cabinet before I sneak down the hallway towards the stairs. Thankfully, Fieldan's mom and Ian's dad are away on a mini vacation this weekend, so I'm on my way to getting out of the house undetected.

That is until I smell bacon as I get closer to the kitchen. I should keep going, I shouldn't poke my head around the corner. I am so close to being outside and on my way home. Granted it will be a miserable walk home, but at least I would have avoided being spotted.

As soon as I poke my head around the corner though, I am frozen in place with my jaw dropped. I might be drooling too, it wouldn't surprise me if I am.

Ian is standing over a frying pan and he is shirtless. His tattoos are on full display and there are even more than I had originally thought.

The tattoo I had joked with him about, the one with Thor's hammer, it was only a piece of the work that goes down his spine. Under the hammer there is Captain America's shield, Hulk's fist, Iron Man's helmet...it went on to display each Avenger's logo. It reminds me of Four from the Divergent series, in a way.

I can also see that he has Silentium Est Aureum written across his ribs and I smile to myself because is there anything that says Ian more than that phrase?

As he turns to grab a plate from the cabinet, I finally see his sleeve in it entirety. The roses and vines that wrap up from his wrist to his bicep all lead up to a beautiful, strong image of a lion on his shoulder.

As I'm admiring his inked designs, and well, him to be honest - because Ian has a great body, which I am just now noticing - he sees me.

"Are you leaving?" I can't read his mood right now, but I can see two plates in his hands and I can still see his fallen face last night when I told him he was the problem.