Chapter 31

The car ride ends a little after six and right in the middle of their dinner, they receive a call that Lester's back from his mini hiatus in Tokyo. 

It doesn't take an hour for everyone to gather up and do what friends should be doing. 

Kendall and Seth looked awkward bu then what other way would they be. Lester looks happier and fulfilled, they hear he's hitting on some Japanese girl or something, he's brought back gifts and his lame jokes everybody loves. Katsumi and Celine are bickering but they looked okay so as JC and his girlfriend. Somehow all things were settled including the movies to watch. 

"but the real question is are you guys finally together?"  Cady brings out. Her love interest for Seth has finally subsided as she quotes "Seth is of my same age, I prefer slightly older men more." 

Now the attentiongoes through them, the same way it was when they ended up dressing like a couple due to something called ~fiancee connections~ 

Dj thinks he's out used his luck for the day and it couldn't get better but he's thought wrong. 

'Uh-huh." Kathryn answers casually and it surprises Dj how everyone took it so lightly while it made him crazy.

The movie begins and they all felt happy. 

Kathryn knew there are better and more special ways to finally answer him yes but she wanted to be different and she didn't know hot to so she decided it's better to be truthful. 

Dj nuzzles his head on her neck and it makes her shiver. 

"What are you doing?" she asks. 

He comes close to her ear and whispers "This is what normally couples do." 

and she likes it, likes the way her voice sounded right in her ear, like the way her fingers find his in between the movie scenes, likes the closeness of their limbs and likes how they could be like any other normal couple would be if they're together.

if there weren't other things she would've come up with a more ridiculous reply but there are other things she had to tell him about. 

"We need to talk." 

Dj fears if it will be for better or for worse.