Chapter 24

"Ako si Kathryn Chandria M. Bernardo. Labimputo-" 

"It's labingpito not labimpito. Repeat it again." 

Welcome to the Free Tagalog tutorial sessions with Lester Giri featuring his one and only student, Kathryn Bernardo. 

"Ugh, learning this is such a royal pain in my royal ass!!!"  she exclaimed upon failing to introduce herself in Filipino again. She thought it will be a piece of cake, that being Filipino means having this inner spirit that knows how to speak your national language without ever studying how to speak it. Now confirms that it's all just chismis. 

Lester first thought her the urban teenage expressions- reason why she knows "chismis" or in other terms "chika"

"How come your parents are full blooded Filipinos and yet they didn't even teach you Tagalog? Like nakakaloka." he then asked. 

"I like that - nakakaloka. Hihi. Sounds so cute. What does it mean?" 

She was good when it comes to word by word but when it needs to be in a sentence - welcome to the death of her. 

"Somehow it's Omg the Filipino way. You can say nakakalerqui if you want to, it means the same." he replied. 

Kath nodding with a look of amazement in her face while jotting down "nakakaloka" which she mispelled as "nakakaloca" and "nakakalerqui" with "nakakalerkey". 

"Okay, just tell me something you want to be translated. I'll translate it for you." Les then muttered. 

"I like you." 

astounded by what he heard, he was left speechless. His other half saying "Maybe she likes you too." and his another other half mumbling "Maybe she wants you to translate it."

"Translate I like you in Tagalog Les." Kath repeated which answered his inner self questions. 

"Gusto kita." he then replied meaning it. 

This is the point in your life where you realize what could've happen if you just took the chances. This is supposed to be that KV pick up line where your partner asks you to translate a confession line so it will look like you said it back when you only just translated it. But this is far from that because Lester knew, Lester knows that he musn't love her, like her even. Truly there are no laws in love but there are some ties in a brotherhood that he could never break nor he wants to break. 

The world is cruel at times, it only lets one to win a heart and he knows it could never be him this time. 

"Les bro!" 

and he could see it clearly that it's him, the one who holds her heart. 

"Oh Dj bro! Hot date ba?"

"Pwede ba?"

"Sige, ge. Go lang ng go." 

and he's ready to give up, give her up as long as he makes her happy. 

"Dj! Dj! I have something to tell you." Kath excitedly said as DJ came near her. 

"What is it lady?" 

"Gusto kita Daniel Padilla." 

which made him blush. He messed up her hair before responding. "Gusto din kita Kathryn Bernardo." 

This is the perfect scenario that Lester could've had with her all along but there comes the words : could've, almost but not quite because that;s what she's going to be like for him - always "could've been mine". 

After bidding goodbye to Lester, Dj and Kath went straight to an empty rooftop with a great view of the city, the blinking lights seemed like fireflies way down there and they are their king and queen sitting pretty on a blanket as they share a whole tub of icecream while watching the stars. 

"Law of Inertia states that a body at rest remains at rest and a body in motion remains in motion unless acted by an outside force." Dj started quite intellectual. 

"Why are you suddenly telling me about Science, mister?"

"We aspire things but mostly people don't do anything to achieve them." 

"And?"

"And they just remain dreams."  

Dj paused long enough for her to tell that it was a choreographed pause. 

"You told me you wanted to learn how to skate right? In our scenario, you wanting to skate is the body at rest or the body in motion and you haven't done anything to move from that phase so your dream to lear how to skate remains the way it is. But you are one lucky girl because you have me - your outside force." 

"You said all of that just to tell me you'll teach me how to skate and how we should do something to reach our dreams?" 

He smirked and replied

"Gusto kasi kita Kathryn Bernardo." 

"Forever." he added. 

The result of his speech? A kiss on the nose and a big hug. 

"Teach me now." Kath giddily whispered through his ear and pulled him up from the ground. 

"It hurts right?" Albie then asked Lester as they both watch a trance of a boy holding a girl they have both come to love as she learns the basics of skating with a skateboard. They both followed Dj's car and tried to spy slash eavesdrop even they knew this will bring them pain and heartache. 

Lester turned acting as if he never heard Al's question and opened his phone and typed. "Kats, jam tayo Oo - UDD. Punta ko dyan."  

(song on side bar) Di mo lang alam ako iyong nasaktan, baka sakali lang maisip mo naman. Puro siya na lang. Sana ako na lang. Di mo lang alam, ikaý minamasdan....di mo lang pala alam...ohhh. ♫♪ 

_______________________________________________________

Holla! WAIT DI PA TAPOS YUNG REVISIONS. My dad didn't allow us to use the computer this weekend so I wasn't able to finish it all up so I'll try to finish it as soon as I can and pambawi tong update. It's the All of the Boys part 2. :--) I'll be deleting all the authors note in the past chapters including the trivia and will just compile them and post them in the last chapter. I'll prolly delete this author's note after a week. Thank you for the 14 000 ++ reads. Luff you all.