Chapter 30

After everything, somehow things would turn back to the place it was supposed to be or at least for the mean time. 

Kendall broke up with Seth. Lester tried to move on and somehow things were better or getting better if not the case.

There's just two fallbacks every single time - either it gets better or worse. 

This is how things get better. 

Kathryn would come up to his house and prepare breakfast, a simple one, and he would wake up smelling the sweet honey downstairs. She would smile and greet him 'Good morning, love.' It doesn't take 3 minutes for his day to be complete. 

The breakfast was filled with casusal talks. He knew it wasn't her who cooked it but he doesn't tell her this and just ate with delight. 

"Is this how breakfast taste in Manhattan?" 

"Nah, mister. This is how breakfast taste when you put love in it." 

He chuckles but thinks differently. If this were made by Kath, it would've been bitter in his tongue but sweeter in his heart. 

Dj leans forward and steals a kiss. "Now that's breakfast with love." 

-

Typical romance stories don't end without having to an amusement park and this is a part of her plan. 

The plann almost works out when she reminds him that Dj still owes her something. 

"You know, basketball." she pouts. 

"Wait, I thought I made up for it. I kissed you back in the cruise ship, another on our little date and this morning." 

Kath flushes pink but still she needs to win this one "YOU STILL OWE ME THAT OKAY!" 

Daniel Padilla's Weakness

1. Marceline

2. Kathryn Bernardo

and with that we all know, he wouldn't say no. 

The plan almost works out ybtil after quarter to 3 and Marcy, who happened to third-wheel, begins feeling sick, right after Kath tells Dj she has something to say. 

The plan didn't absolutely turn into worst, it actually got better than what was planned.

So as they were driving home, they got stuck in the afternoon Manila traffic, it is the best one they ever had. Pizza, mixtapes, and Marcy's memorized poetry - this is how afternoon should be spent. 

Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and I dented it? I thought you’d kill me.

But you didn’t.

And remember the time I dragged you to the beach, and you said it would rain, and it did? I thought you’d say, “I told you so.”

But you didn’t.

Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys to make you jealous, and you were? I thought you’d leave me.

But you didn’t.

Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug? I thought you’d hit me.

But you didn’t.

And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans? I thought you’d drop me.

But you didn’t.

Yes, there were lots of things you didn’t do, but you put up with me, and you loved me, and you protected me. There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from the city

But you didn’t.

"sounds depressing." Dj breathes out. 

"Sounds more like you and I" they laugh and grabs another piece of pizza. 

"Where did you learn that?" he asks,admiring his little sister who seems to know better. 

"I don't know, it's an old poem." She shrugs. "Ate Kath, do you know some poetry too?" 

The rain starts to drop all of a sudden, the mixtape is playing some happy songs and Kath smiles at the way Marcy taps her foot against the rhythm. 

"Let me write you one." 

And so she tells her about how the rain falls and how it will continue to fall even after we all die. She tells her about the songs they listen to and the world shifting all at once. And then she tells her how much the world would be a better place if there were more Marcy all over the place. 

"Hey you've never written me one." Dj poyts and pretends he's five and crying. Kathryn finds it amusing and answers something he doesn't quite expect. 

"Because you deserve more than that."