Chapter THIRTY ONE

Chapter 31

Claire walked into the lobby of the hotel, where everyone had decided to meet up. Or at least the ones who were left out.

Apparently, no one came up to knock on Lucas' door because, well, no one knew you was on the trip. They would have, if he wasn't this antisocial. And the last time Lucas bothered himself for socialising, that too with the infamous Claire Cooper, there has never been a single day where he didn't see her.

And the reason why no one woke the others was just plain simple. These guys were the ones everyone's momma told them to stay away from, and not to talk to. And yet, here was poor Lucas, surrounded by the only people his parents warned him about.

'The bully', Sean, 'the mysterious guy in leather jacket', Adam, 'the almost gothly dressed girl who's insanely rich but hangs out with the bad guys', Hailey, and the last but not the least, 'the girl who looks tremendously dangerous, and is dangerous', Claire Cooper.

Not like Lucas was labelling their character in his mind. He definitely was.

He was also amused by the fact that Sean, being the shortest of them all, still fits into the group of dread. Maybe it was the raging anger he kept evident in his eyes while he's with others except them. Or maybe he just liked jackets too. Excluding the only jackets he wore were addidas. And everything about him was addidas.

"You got a phone?" Claire asked, snapping Lucas out of his thoughts. But she wasn't talking to him, she was asking Sean. Weirdly.

"Eh, I do. Why?" He questioned warily.

"Well, we can't sit here all day long so we're going out." She replied, giving him an answer indirectly.

Lucas wanted to ask where they were headed to, but he kept quiet, because, disturbing these hungover beasts is like applying for your own murder.

And Connor... the poor boy was so hungover that he was passed out on a small couch next to Lucas.

"So?" Sean furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you not have your own?" He knew that Claire undeniably had a phone; he had seen it with his own dark brown eyes.

Claire rolled her eyes at him.

"I need your number."

Lucas watched in surprise that Claire had even asked Sean his number.

"Why?"

He felt so irritated by Sean right then, he just wanted to get up from the chair he was sitting on and grab Sean's phone and give Claire his number without further questioning.

Claire was frustrated by Sean. It was seen quite well in her eyes.

"I just told you. We're all going out and I need to make sure that whoever you're going to spend time with are safe." Claire retorted, already fed up, even though it had been just fifteen minutes since they met.

"Jesus, fine." Sean finally agreed.

Hailey and Adam entered the conversation after a few minutes passed, with Hailey carrying a bag on her shoulders and Adam just holding the room keys in his hands.

Soon Sean was ready to grab the keys and shove them into his own pocket, like a responsible roommate but was met with a scoff.

"I can't trust your tiny ass with these." Adam pulled the keys back.

"What do you mean you can't? I still have my home keys with me from a year." He answered, clearly offended.

Let's just say Adam liked playing with everyone's feelings.