Chapter TWENTY SIX

So, Connor and Hailey were safe. They were just messing around, but Lucas knew they were safe. As far as the two dumb-bums stay in the party and not leave without notifying.

The three stood, watching their two drunk friends stumbling and disappearing into the sweat and heat. But now what? They had found the two people they wanted to find, so what was the purpose of standing in awkward silence?

He looked around, noticing that there were open bars and the smell of drinks weren't that pleasant. Well, he knew it was a sweet smell, but wasn't it supposed to be making Lucas nauseous?

It would be a sin to drink.

"Uhm.. I'll be heading back to the hotel rooms." Lucas pursed his lips in a tight smile.

Who would be so crazy to stay in this massive crowd? He didn't wanna suffocate and die altogether. He would rather go back and clean up the mess in his room. Yes, perfect idea.

"Hey, hey, no you aren't." Adam chuckled, swinging his hand over Lucas' shoulders in a friendly manner and stared at Claire. "It's time we have some fun, yeah?"

Lucas crinkled his forehead, cringed inwardly and guffawed so loudly, it startled the two people in leather jackets. ...Lucas was only nervous. He didn't mean to..

Adam blinked a little, looking down at the shorter guy in his arms who had managed to make the sound of a dying whale. "Uhm.."

"Haha, you've gotta be kidding me. Fun? And from 'fun' you probably mean 'drinking'. Nah. Not in my dictionary." Lucas retorted.

"Then add it." Adam snickered, absolutely noticing the terrified expression.

"He isn't drinking." Claire frowned at Adam. "The fuck?"

"He needs to loosen up a bit.."

No, fucking hell to the no, Claire wasn't letting Lucas drink. Not on her watch.

"Ehhhhh, It's alright." Lucas said, scratching his head a little gawkily. "I've never had any drinks before, and I would like to keep it that way."

Adam rolled his eyes and parted away from Lucas. He was fucking offering to have a friendly bonding with him, which he would probably never ask anyone in a million years, and Lucas had the nerve to kindly deny it.

And Claire to be topping it off with an aggressive state of mind, only made him sigh.

"Whatever. Your choice." He grumbled, folding his arms.

"I ain't saying he shouldn't enjoy the night, I just don't want anything near this pure bread that will toxify his system." Claire said, mostly her words directed towards her best friend.

But, at that moment Lucas felt a little fire in his chest, which even burned his thoughts.

Sure, he wouldn't mind his parents controlling his life... But Claire was no body to make decisions for him. Lucas had the right to do whatever he wanted.

Who was she to do it for him?!

"I-..I'll drink if I want." He mumbled.

"What?" Adam and Claire said in unison and turned their attention towards him. It was clear that no body including himself had heard his words. Over the loud music? Nah, never.

Actually, he wasn't even sure if his voice even audible anymore. What the land of dead was gonna happen after he back-talks the bad-girl of his school?

He had seen how Nate Moore had not come to school for for a week straight. Maybe it was suspension, or maybe he was admitted int the hospital. Damn, his face was in a very bad condition.

After all these too, Moore had not learned his lesson... He still messed with Claire, and it amused him to no extent.

But this wasn't the time to be thinking about Nate Moore! He was having second thoughts of not repeating himself.

"You c- uh -can't tell me what I can do..." He spoke, nervously chuckling to add humour, which only made Claire's expression harden. "I'll drink if I wanna."

Okay, he knew this was the end. He knew he will be met by a bitter Claire from today onwards. He's gonna go to the land of rotten after he dies. Heaven is not an option anymore.

"Did you just.." Claire started, her own mind running with the thoughts she shouldn't be having. A rebellious Lucas? Was this worth getting all worked up or should she drag him to the nearest bathroom?

Note- she only wanted to talk. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because then Lucas gulped in fright and bit his lips. Under the radium blue light, his lips were surely a bright shade of sky blue which went perfect with his eye colour.

Adam flicked his gaze between the two of them rapidly, eagerly waiting for someone to make a move.

"I-I-- I didn't mean to displease you.." Lucas stuttered, his hands trembling. "But, ya know, you can't tell me not to drink."

"So you're going against me?" She questioned, raising her eyebrows at the boy.

"Exactly." he whispered to the ground and stole a glance at Claire, which made her body tingle.

Whoa, wait up, did goosebumps just appear on her skin outta nowhere?!

Dammit! Was this pretty boy doing something to her.

"What are we waiting for then?" Adam cleared his throat. "Let's down some shots, yeah?"

.
.
.
.
.

Guys
Guys

So SO CLOSE TO 30 K can I give y'all a virtual hug?

Alsooooo I got a month holiday? So I'll update more??

Any guesses on what's going to happen next????

Comment #DRUNKLUCAS if you liked the chapterrrr

vote and love, guysss!!! BYEE