Chapter SIXTY SIX (edited and rewritten)

Chapter 66

I have added few details so that my lovely readers can understand better. I'm sorry for a trash chapter last time, honestly, I tried this time to give my best. Hope you like it. (I've also changed a little bit of scenes)

Who would've thought that a tired chandler and a troubled Claire would be sitting on the either sides of the bath tub, while one was placing ice prank on her lips and other was trying not to fall asleep in the warmth of his hoodie.

"Why are we in the bathroom?" Claire asked.

It's not like they walk into the bathroom to.. discuss about literally anything. But here they were.

"To talk, duh. So that your parents don't hear us over." He said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He rolled his eyes and leaned back. "Will you go first or should I?" Claire lowered her head and stared at her muddy feet, licked her numb lips and clenched her fingers around the ice pack. She really just wanted to shoot Brady on his forehead.

"What do you know?" She mumbled.

Chandler's breath hitched and he leaned forward, eyes dark. "If Nate hurts you one more time, I'll take him down."

He sounded like a psychopath, but looking at his skinny frame, no one would ever imagine him sticking to his words.

"Take him down? What are you, an alligator?" She scoffed. "I bet you can't even handle social media hate."

"I'm serious." He smiled. "I.. I heard you talking to Lucas."

She nodded her head. She knew he was standing there, she knew he heard every word she just said. But it didn't matter. Chandler knew about the whole thing, except.. except what Claire did.

"I saw you." She said.

"It's been ages since you opened up about this to anyone. Do you like him so much?"

Claire nodded again, unable to draw words to reply.

It was true. The only other person who knew about Vincent was Adam. Other than him, she couldn't bring herself to tell about it to anyone, not even Hailey. And then, there was Chandler, her cousin, who was present when the events took place. Chandler was beside her on every step.

She felt safe, being with her cousin.

"I didn't tell Lucas everything."

"I know."

You too.

Claire heaved a heavy sigh and closed her eyes. She wanted to have a word with Lucas, with his dad, with Nate when he sobers up and she also wanted to meet Adam. There was so much going on in her head, she wanted to melt down or burst into tears. But here eyes were dry.

So dry, it started stinging.

"I haven't told you everything either." She whispered.

"What is it?"

She went quiet, and Chandler swore the silence was weighing on her shoulders, so much it hurt him to see her this way. He didn't expect her to say that.

"I received.. a letter today. From Brady Clark."

Chandler knew he was Lucas' dad, and that he was the world's biggest business man. Famous, rich and fire in his words. Brady knew how to play. And he'll use all the cheats and tricks he knew and make it the best game ever played.

Chandler gulped. "..Brady Clark? Why?"

She didn't know how to explain it to her cousin brother who thought she was pure, harmless and was far away from being involved in any kind of business that'll throw her behind the bars. Well, he was wrong, in many kinds of ways.