Chapter TWENTY TWO

As fast as the evening had gone, the night shed it's skin to next day morning, the sun shining ever so brightly.

And this morning Claire didn't know what this feeling was, but it was in the pit of her stomach, like someone was deliberately scratching from the inside.

When Claire shook Hailey up, she whined, burying her head into the pillows. She didn't wanna wake up for whatever reason.

"Can you fck off?!" She yelled, slapping away Claire's hand.

"I just saw Lucas. We gotta get up..."

"No, not me." Hailey rolled her eyes. "What even is the fcking time?"

"It's 8 in the morning and you have to get the fck out of the bed." Hailey could hear the grit of Claire's teeth while she spoke.

"No." She protested and pulled the sheets over her head.

"Okay then." Claire replied.

Hailey sighed softly and comforted herself, feeling the warmth of the bed which made her cozy. Satisfied by the silence that settled in, Hailey fell back to sleep.

Or so she thought.

She snapped her eyes open and sat up on the single bed of the hotel room.

Oh where did Claire go?

*

Claire shivered as the cold air hit her on the face when she approached the receptionist. She was fully dressed, with her hair pulled up and the same black leather jacket hugging her skin. She wore black jeans and decided that she'll go with sneakers today.

And it was still 6:30 am in the morning.

She didn't even have her daily dose of a cigarette yet, but here she was, trying to find out where that certain someone was.

Damn, did he have an effect on her.

"Uh, where are all the students?" Claire spoke to the receptionist.

"oh, hello, how may I help you?"

"Where are the students?"

"And why do you ask?"

Claire almost rolled her eyes at the receptionist. Almost.

"I'm searching for my friends and I wanna know if we're permitted to walk out of the building."

"Oh. Okay then. Your friends must be having dinner because no student is allowed walk out until any one of your teacher says so."

"Okay."

And Claire didn't even bother thanking her before she leaned away and started walking towards the hotel, where she suspected that Lucas would be eating.

She heard loud 'whoops' and she knew that students were right here. She knew this 'whoop' very well and she'll admit that it's not something she liked to hear.

Claire walked a few more steps forward and stopped right where she could get a good view of the whole place, near the door.

Oh, how the scene in front of her boiled her blood. It didn't even take a millisecond for rage to fill her chest.

This wasn't a good sign. Maybe... Just maybe this trip was gonna suck. But who knew what would turn out to be?

She narrowed her eyes at Nate Moore, who she hadn't noticed, was on the trip too, and was currently not letting Lucas have his breakfast.

'Do you have a death wish, Moore?'

Claire gritted her teeth when Nate snatched away a piece of bread that Lucas was about to eat from his hands. Nothing could ever feel so violent to her.

But she stood where she was and watched the whole thing happen.

Nate grabbed all of Lucas' food, and others laughed. He ate it, and others laughed louder.

"Are you hungry, huh boy?" Nate giggled. "Well, coach said everyone gets only one meal at a time."

Who was Claire to interrupt Nate? So he went on.

"And watch me fill my plate and eat it right in front of you." And he laughed.

Claire diverted her eyes to Lucas. She wanted to stand up for him. She wanted to punch Nate again in the face. Maybe the bastard had not learnt his lesson.

But she didn't make a move.

She watched as Lucas lowered his head and gulped.

Where was Connor? No clue.

Well, it was still 6:50 in the morning anyways.

She sighed and leaned against the door frame. When was Nate ever gonna listen? When was he gonna get better?

Uh, what a bastard of a Jock.

She rolled her eyes as Nate let out a roar of laughter and proceeded to the buffet breakfast, picked up and plate. Everyone watched him place food more than what he should be eating, and no one ever said anything. No one ever raised a voice while someone was getting their food pulled away from their hands.

It angered Claire to a higher level and she balled her fists.

Nate sat down on a table opposu to Lucas.

"Look, loser, I got lots of food."

Everyone, again, laughed out loud.

This time, Claire had it enough. She barged into the place, her eyes still narrowed and glaring bullets while she reached Nate's table.

"Hello, Moore." She gritted out.

Nate looked up at Claire and chuckled.

"Oh here you are, finally decided to join the conversation."

"Yep." She said popping the 'p' up a little too loudly. "I just saw you filling your plate with food, haha, nice."

"Well, I'm hungry, aren't you?"

"I am.. but anyways, thank you." And before anyone knew, she was grabbing the plate away from Nate. "Thank you for serving us breakfast today."

"Hey!" Nate yelled. "Give my plate back to me!"

"Well," Claire paused, walking away and lamming the plate in front of Lucas. "Why don't you start eating, Leo? Nate is willing to share."

"I'm not!"

"Oh is that so?" Claire questioned, raising her eyebrows dramatically. "Are you saying,in front of everyone, that you won't share food with someone who's hungry?"

"I'm not-"

"Look guys, look at him! The school's Jock has no humanity in him." Claire made a disgusting face.

"That's not what it is!"

"Then why don't U share your food?"

"Uh." Clenched his teeth. "Fine."

Yet again, everyone just laughed.

Maybe this time it was because Nate Moore, football team's captain was extremely close to losing his reputation.

Anyway, Lucas decided that he should be thankful to Claire. And he did some really unimaginable to Claire.

He let her have breakfast in his own plate.

.
.
.
.

LONG CHAPTER!!!

HOW DID U LIKE IT??

Comment, vote and love!!! 💙💙