Chapter FOUR

Chapter Four

<Third person POV>

In the old Volkswagen that Claire apparently owned, they decided to hangout and have a smoke. As they didn't even have anything else to, they were seated, Claire in the driver's seat and both Adam and Hailey in the back seat. They did not speak, it was just a comfortable silence that settled down in between them.

It had always been like this since the 10th grade.

Adam and Claire met when they got chosen as the lab partners for biology class. Before that, they didn't even know that the both of them existed. At first, it was a fight as to who would explain the experiments, annoying both of them equally, until that one night in a party they found themselves sitting next to each other and clinking their cups together. Little did they know they would be accompanying each other. Or at least until the last year of school.

"Adam, that's the third one. I think you should stop." Hailey suggested, trying to grab the cigarette from Adam's hand.

"No, H. Let me. This will be the last." Adam jerked away, escaping from Hailey's grasp. Hailey just sighed.

"Guys," Hailey started, once she glanced at her wrist watch. "I think I should be leaving for detention. Starts in 2."

Both of them hummed in approval, as Hailey bid her goodbyes to them and got out the car walking back to school.

"You know," Adam said, taking a drag of the cigarette and watching Hailey walk away. "This is the third time I got fvcking suspended this month." he chuckled at himself, as Claire threw a glance at him and looked back at the front as if telling him that she was listening. But one thing was for sure, Adam knew Claire would always listen.

"Dad will be so upset." He laughed again, shaking his head at himself. And this time, Claire sat sideways on her seat so that she could look at him clearly.

"Hey..." Claire spoke up, not knowing what to say. She had this feeling that she will spoil it... spoil the moment. "Are you seriously going to--"

"Don't even try, Claire. I can't lie to him."

And with that, Claire pursed her lips into a straight line.

Awkward. It was awkward, now.

"You know you can ring me up anytime." She said, sounding like it was an obvious fact. And he even nodded as if he understood it completely.

"TC." He sighed once the silence took over the car again. TC was when one moment was too intense to tolerate and if one couldn't talk about it anymore. They called TC which meant Topic Change. And Claire totally did.

"That guy today we talked about..."

"Brady Carson Clark?"

"No, his son."

And then they went silent again, staring away into the space.

"What about him?" Adam questioned, looking at Claire.

"He doesn't seem to leave my mind."

That was the complete truth that Claire shared with Adam. They were like strawberry and Ice cream, just like brother and sisters. Claire had been pondering over the time the both talked and how the boy reacted in the cafeteria... So scared, yet so adorable.

Adorable...

Claire scrunched her nose up at the nasty word. No, it was totally disgusting coming from her mouth. But it felt so right to say that to him. He was... Adorable. Nasty word, but perfect for the guy.

"What? Did you say something?" Adam asked, throwing away the cigarette butt out of the car window and into the school parking lot. "Let the school burn." he mumbled to himself.

"No it wouldn't you know that."

"Pretty much." He replied humming in the end. But then something seemed to strike his face as he had been looking out the window, and he squinted his eyes to get a better view. "The god has spoken for you. The boy is walking down the parking lot to the exit."

"Boy? what boy?" And seeming a little confused herself, she raised her eyebrows and looked out. But all she could take in were the students, chatting and running or messing around. Unlike them, to sit in a car and have a deep conversation. Well, they didn't want it either...

"Brady Ca--"

"I get it, I get it." She cut him off, not willing to hear him say that name again. It just annoyed her to no end. She really needed to know who the hell that guy was. But right now, she wanted to look at the guy's son one more time. "What was his name again?" She asked, as she opened the car door and was ready to jump out.

"I don't know." Adam replied, ready to get out himself. Claire just groaned and slammed the door shut once she was out. And as if the world was against her will, there came a huge group of students blocking her view from the exit. "Claire!" she heard Adam call her, but she wasn't in mood to give a shit, so she kept dodging people and hurried to where Adam said the boy was.

It was simple, she wanted to just look at his captivating face.. one more time.

She made a run, on the way tripping over herself a little, and at the end she finally managed to reach the gates, hastily looking around for the face she would easily recognize. Claire just wanted to punch a wall until it broke because she couldn't find him anywhere. She was so damn upset that she huffed and leaned against the compound wall near the gates.

"Claire!" Adam panted as he came to a halt from running. He leaned himself beside Claire, grunting and giving a disapproval look. He didn't really know why Claire would jump off from the car in search of the boy who they didn't even know the name of. "Did you find him?" he asked nonetheless.

"No." she retorted, cursing some incoherent words to herself.

__________________________________

The mistakes will be edited soon. :D

And what's your opinion on the story huh?

Do you want Claire to know who actually Lucas is??

Comment and vote!! ;)

Love y'all