chapter FORTY TWO

"Ugh." Claire slumped in her seat next to Lucas.

A sigh left her lips as her gaze pierced through the said boy. She was tired to trying to stop him but he was determined to go against her.

Again.

"One more!" Lucas slurred, resting his head on the counter and chuckled. His eyelids feeling heavy but he didn't give a fuck. He just wanted to get wasted and go against Claire.

"That's enough. You've had enough." She frowned at him, remembering what happened the last time she let him drink.

Lucas rolled his eyes and brushed his bangs out of his face in a messy way.

"I need MORE!" He yelled, banging on the table, making Claire cringe. Except for that, everyone around him cheered and encouraged him to get more. "They love me." He giggled.

Where the heck was Adam? Did he just ditch Claire?

"Claire!" Lucas grinned while waving his hands in front of her face. "Your drinks are on me!"

"What..?" Claire sighed. "I'm not even drinking. What the fuck."

"You should!"

"..no."

"Then you should join me to dance."

"No. No you're not dancing."

"Yes I am."

"No, this is not you, it's alcohol, and I don't want people looking at you."

Suddenly, Lucas was bending forward and closer to her, a sly grin on his face. He placed one of his hands on the counter next to her as if he was cornering her.

"Are you..." He breathed, making it a suffocating environment for Claire who just tried leaning away. "Are you jealous?"

"...what? Why would I even.." she frowned.

"I'm heading towards the dance floor."

Seeing as the party was held on the sea shore, there wasn't exactly a 'dance floor' but you bet everyone surely did make one. And the heat radiating out from that crowd was a little too much for Claire.

She didn't bother with him anymore and just turned around to watch him.

Half way to the dance, Lucas met Sean who was just as drunk and struggling to walk around.

Sean giggled while whispering something into Lucas' ear. And they both shared giggles with each other.

"This bitch.." Claire mumbled to herself, clenching her fists.

Claire watched intently as few people started noticing Sean and Lucas together, pretty drunk and all smiles.

Sean was.. popular. She means.. who doesn't know Sean? He's happy go lucky lad, just like how Connor was. But besides living in the shadows like Connor, he interacts with everyone around.

Sure he didn't exactly have a group of his own, but wherever he went, everyone welcomed him warmly.

Maybe that's why she saw people gushing over him.. and as well as Lucas.

"Isn't.. Isn't that Sean Wood?" She heard a girl whisper yell to her friends, which wasn't exactly a 'whisper'. Her ears perked up and she avoided all the eye contact but closely listened.

"Yes that's him!" Another exclaimed.

Claire rolled her eyes and made a face.

"He's so good at dancing too! Look at him, awe." They all giggled. "He's good at everything!"

"And who is that...?"

"That's Lucas Clark."

"The one who hangs out with The Claire Cooper?"

"Yes him. He's filthy rich, but kind and good-looking at the same time." She sighed. "I don't even know why he hangs out with 'her'. She doesn't deserve him."

The girl pronounced 'her' as if Claire was disgusting. Which made her grit her teeth.

But she didn't make a move. She stayed and listened.

"You're right. Someone as heartless as Claire doesn't deserve him... Or any of his love. She will end up hurting him. She deserves to rot in hate."

Moments passed by, the music kept on getting louder and the whispers couldn't be heard anymore.

The whole world was enjoying their day, but Claire stood there, staring down at the ground.

"Claire!!" Hailey appeared out of nowhere, loud and obnoxiously approached her. "For the love of God, please don't sulk here."

When Claire didn't budge, Hailey took it upon herself to lead her towards where everyone was gathered around.

"Do you even know what's happening?"

"Are you sober?" Claire asked.

"Hell yeah." Hailey chuckled. "I am kinda sober. But man, you need to see what's going on."

"What is going on?"

"Remember we aren't allowed to enter the sea because they thought we'll litter the water?"

"...yeah?"

"Guess who broke the rule?"

"..who?"

"The pretty boy isn't shy when he's drunk." Hailey fanned herself dramatically. "He's a whole new level of hotness and badass."

"Oh fuck."

Yeah, she should have also noticed that Sean and Lucas were out of her sight. And now.. everyone were slowly disappearing into the water, one by one cheering ever so loudly and chanting.. only one name.

"Lucas! Lucas! Lucas!"

Claire choked.

.
.
.
.
.

GUYS OMFG

AM I DREAMING?

ITS ALMOST 91k ????

Y'ALL ARE AMAZING FABULOUS FANTASTIC

alsoo

I read all of your comments ☻☻

*creeps out readers *

Anywaysssss I love you all for supporting this shitty book ;-;

Do you like drunk lucas ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Lol goodbye