Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Engaged

Sorry this chapter is not that great, it's a filler chapter.

Dedicated to an amazing writer and a dedicated reader :) Go read her stories, they are awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jerked awake and was immediately surrounded by faces but all I could see was Jasper. His worry was touching. I saw him smile though and hold up a damp cloth, which explained the cold that brought me back to consciousness.

“Yes.” I croaked out. My throat was dry but he heard me.

He pulled me into a tight hug and captured my lips in his. Unlike most of our kisses, this one was slow and full of the love we sheared for each other.

He lifted me up in his arms bridal style and spun me around in a circle. I laughed and Viv got out the champagne.

“To Aly and Jasper!” She said raising her glass.

“Congratulations!” The rest of my family and friends echoed.

Viv and I sat on the lounge admiring my ring, it was just past midnight and I was happier than ever. Jasper, much to his dismay, was over with Will who was drinking and talking to him. He kept shooting me glances which I returned with a knowing smile. He wanted to get out of here and so did I.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up. My smile faltered slightly when I realised it wasn’t Jasper. Tom asked if he could have a word and I told Viv that I’d be back soon.

I followed my big brother into one of the front rooms where he sat down on a black, leather lounge and patted the seat beside him.

“I’m happy for you little sister.” He hugged me and I smiled up at him. He turned serious though and looked me in the eye. “Are you sure? You’re so young, I just want you to be happy but this is a huge decision you’re making.”

“Tom,” I made sure to hold his gaze, “If there is one thing I am sure about, it is that I love Jasper with all my heart. I know I’m young and that people will probably talk, but there is no one I’d rather spend the rest of my life with.”

He sighed and smiled at me. “Congratulations little Sister. I love you.”

He kissed me on the forehead and left the room.

I sat there in silence thinking. I knew without a doubt that I wanted to marry Jasper, not so soon, we could stretch out the engagement a year or two, but I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

“ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYY!” Zac stumbled into the room. I laughed to myself, he had gotten stuck into the champagne. “Yo, ALLAY! Lil’ Sistah! You knocked up or something or just wanna be with cha boy?”

I was shocked at his words. I knew people would talk but I hope they didn’t think I was knocked up. I forced a laugh out for my brother. “Nah big bro, I just love him with all my heart.”

Who cares what people think right? I love him, he loves me, why shouldn’t be together for the rest of our existence?

He stumbled over and captured me in a vice like hug. “Wuv you Sissy.”

I laughed, “Love you to Zaccy.”

He fell into a drunken sleep in my arms. There was a soft knock on the door and my face lit up.

I moved Zac carefully so he was lying on the lounge instead of my lap and ran up into Jasper's arms. He swung me around in a circle and kissed me passionately on the lips.

“I love you Mrs Finnigan, forever and always.”

“Hmmm Aly Finnigan, I like it.” I winked at him and he chuckled.