Chapter Ten ~ Fighter

Dedicated to KeepCalmLoveSeverus. Awesome writer, thanks for the support :)

For those of you interested in vampires and other supernatural creatures, check out my story The Predator's Prey. It's unusual and the first five chapters have already been written and are waiting to be posted.

Anyways, vote, comment and ENJOY XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 In the morning I got a ride with Viv again. “So babe, what’s going on with you and Jack?”

“What are you on about?”

“Oh come on!” I exclaimed. “As if. He’s totally into you.”

“Really?!”

“Really.”

“I like him a lot but I’m scared that if we have a thing and it doesn’t work out, our friendship will be ruined.”

“You won’t know until you try. Viv, do you really like him? Like, love like?”

“Yes.” She whispered.

“Then go for it. You’ll never know unless you try. You don’t want to spend the rest of your life thinking what if.”

She nodded and pulled into a parking spot. “You’re right. I can do this.” Offering her a smile, I jumped out of the car via the window and made my way to Jasper’s office.

“Morning sleepyhead.”

“Hey beautiful. Sleep well?”

“Like the dead.” He smiled at me and it was infectious.

It fell from his face though and his eyes hardened. “Will ran into a few gang members last night. He’s okay just minor cuts and bruises but I’m worried about you. Come by my house later on tonight, I have something I need to show you.” He kissed me gently.

I nodded and rushed to my locker so I wouldn’t be late for class sending Will a quick text wishing him well.

The day went by quickly and when the bell went at the end of sixth period I was full of nerves and anticipation for what Jasper had to show me.

Viv dropped me at his house and he was waiting for me, leaning against his car. Taking my hands in his he held my gaze. “I am so sorry Aly for dragging you into this,” he held up his hand knowing I was going to protest. I dragged myself into it though, “And I am not going to leave my girl unprotected. Please don’t freak out, I know it’s a lot to take in and is scary but I think you need to know these things.” Turning around he walked into the house leading me by the hand and through a door I had never noticed before. He flicked a switch and light flooded the room illuminating dirty, concrete stairs that led down to what looked like a blank wall, a dead end. The curiosity was clawing at my insides like a dog trapped outside a storm.

On closer inspection, if you knew what you were looking for, and Jasper clearly did there was a small crack which, when opened revealed a security panel and code. “The code is 8421. Anytime you need or want, come down here.”

He punched in the numbers and the wall slid apart into an underground gymnasium about an acre big. Flicking on the six different light switches next to the door, light illuminated the gym and my jaw fell open.

“Whoa.” It was divided up into sections. Hand to hand combat, medieval weaponry and there was a booth at the back, a large booth at that, with soundproof clear walls, providing a barrier from the rest of the room. Shooting practice.

There was a door on the right as soon as you entered and Jasper disappeared into it coming back out with two guns, a box of bullets and safety gear. Sticking my head in the door way; my jaw dropped at the assortment of weapons stored in there. Everything from bows and arrows to guns and highly illegal grenades.

He dumped the gear he was holding outside the booth and ran back to me at the centre of the gym on the large mat for hand to hand practice. “First of all I want to test your strength and agility hand to hand before we move onto weapons. That okay?”

I nodded a smile on my face. When I was younger, not much younger, but before my brothers left, Zac and Tom would always take me away to some secluded field and teach me how to fight whilst Adam was studying. I got really good and couldn’t wait to kick Jasper’s ass.

“No holding back.” I warned him. I saw the look in his eyes. “Jasper.” I warned and he finally nodded.

“Go.” I yelled. We circled each other assessing each others’ strengths and weaknesses. I cleared my mind and allowed it to take me back to the sunny afternoon at Richardson’s field with Zac.

“When you’re fighting someone taller and or stronger than you, use their strengths to your advantage. Make their strengths their weaknesses. Like this.”

I ducked a blow aimed at my shoulder, dropped to the floor and kicked my legs out in a circle, holding myself up by my arms, aiming to sweep his legs out from underneath him. Jasper was good though and jumped just in time. I rolled away from a kick aimed at my chest and using my gymnastic skills to flip off the floor, I landed on my feet again. Wasting no time, he struck an arm out and remembering what Zac showed me all those years ago, I caught his hand and concentrated. There was so much force behind it and I could feel my muscles start to protest. Keeping my knees bent and back straight, I twisted his arm flipping him over it and causing him to land on his back on the mat with a loud thump, his arm at an awkward angle, allowing me to press my forearm against his throat. He tapped the mat twice in surrender and I hopped up with a triumphant smile on my face.

Offering my hand out, he took it and got up. “That was amazing! Where’d you learn to fight like that?”

“My brother’s taught me when I was younger, before they left.” Sensing the sensitive topic he didn’t push instead he had a huge grin plastered on his face.

“Ready for firearms?” I gulped hard and reluctantly nodded.

Guns scared the shit out of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't foget to vote :)

P.S Sorry it took so long to upload.