Chapter Two ~ A Night To Remember

This chapter is dedicated to Kerry_x for the amazing cover (on the side --->) and because she is an inspiration, having just finished one of the best student/ teacher stories I have ever read!

Check out and like my fb page for any questions, photos, extra info, sneak previews of chapters and maybe even exclusive bonus chapters :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Affirmation/286910698027097?ref=ts

Enjoy this chapter XD

Comment, Vote, Fan :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Aly Finnan get up this instant!” I pulled the covers tighter over my head as the bright sunlight assaulted my eyes. “I don’t know what I did to deserve to end up with a lazy daughter like you. Get dressed and make yourself useful for once and clean the house.”

I groaned. Just because she was up all night at the hospital and only getting home now didn’t give her the right to wake me up! It’s seven in the morning!

“MOVE!”

The door slammed shut and I rolled out of bed tired and sore. My arms were covered in small scratches from the bushes last night and the clothes in my laundry basket smelt like stale air and damp earth.

Sighing I got dressed and started to mop, dust, vacuum and polish the house which is no easy feat. We have an expensive locking two story house which I love. The roof has little torrents on it that reminds me of something out of Harry Potter.

It took hours to get it how my mum said was ‘half decent’ which to any normal person looks absolutely amazing and spotless. It looked good but spending hours cleaning in the last week of the holidays was not my idea of fun.
My ringtone Blink 182’s I Miss You started playing.

“Hello?”

“Hey Aly! Viv and I are going clubbing tonight. Wanna come with?”

“Sounds awesome Jack.” Jack and Viv had been my two best friends since Preschool. They were my only friends and unfortunately they went to different schools. No I’m not a nerd or a bitch. I could be popular if I wanted. I’m nice to everyone and have friends, I guess at school that would gladly let me sit with them. I just preferred being on my own than in a sea of people who think they know everything about you, when they really are clueless. Jack and Viv understand though, they get me. Besides what’s the point of creating stronger ties here when I’m counting down the days until I can break free?

“Sweet! Oh and before I forget you up for a surprise clubbing trip for Viv’s 18th on Saturday?”

“Do you even have to ask?!” Haha. Jack and I were already 18 and in less than 5 days so would Viv.

“Guess not. Anyways, I’ll pick you up at 8 and head to Scarlet River.”
“Thanks. Bye!”

With an excited bounce in my step, I ran up the marble staircase to my room.

When I was younger and my parents actually had time for me, daddy had my room built for me. It was the biggest in the house with an enormous bedroom and a bathroom and walk in wardrobe the same size attached to it. This place was my sanctuary. Getting ready I had two hours before Jack would be here.

I showered, straightened my hair, did my make up and threw on a short bright red dress and black heels.

Looking in my floor length mirror I couldn’t help the smile that appeared. I looked awesome.

Grabbing my phone and clutch Jack had sent me a text saying he was outside.

“Mum, I’m going clubbing!”
I heard her mutter something about kids these days. “Fine but be home before two.” I rolled my eyes I was 18, a legal adult.