four

Rosa ☯

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" Mahogany screamed as she jumped on my bed.

"Shut up!" I groaned into my pillow.

"No! Get up we're going shopping!" She continued jumping on my bed.

"Ew, why?!" I stretched the word 'why'.

Jumped down and laid next to me.

"One word," She paused, "Sam." 

I lifted my head to see her. My eyes popped open. I totally forgot. She had a smug look on her face.

"Well come on!" She urged.

I literally jumped out of bed and changed. Soon enough we were out of the hotel by 6 a.m.

-

"I'm not wearing that!" I exclaimed.

"Why?" She whined holding up a crop top.

"Because I don't feel comfortable showing that much stomach." 

"Okay fine how about these shorts?" Mahogany held up a pair of high waisted shorts, but instead of all those buttons it had one and a little black belt.

"Yeah I like those." They were lightly washed which I liked.

She made a squeal-she's been making a lot of squeals because I like some clothes she likes.

"Okay what about this crop top?" I was a nirvana crop top with the sleeves cut off so basically a tiny tank top.

"I like nirvana but we already bought a nirvana crop top with sleeves remember?" I reminded.

"Yeah but this one is a tank."

"Your point?" 

"You're so complicated, but let's go to the jewlery." She instructed.

We ended up in every store at this mall we were at, but left each one at good times because there was stores I didn't like.

Then came the time where we passed this store called hot topic. I begged Mahogany to go in. There were lots of things I liked there, but Mahogany only liked a few. She was like me in the stores she took me in.

Once I declared I was done shopping we went to eat breakfast at ihop; it was still like 10:30. 

"Hey Mahogany?" I said when we were waiting for our food.

"Yeah?" She looked up from her phone. She was texting.

"You think we could stop by some salon?" I asked.

"What do you have in mind?" She grinned. I feel she's excited.

"I want to dye my hair." I smirked.

"What color?" 

"I was thinking ombre." I responded.

"I would cry right now but we're in public. I'm so proud of what you've learned these last couple hours." She started wiping fake tears.

I laughed. "My mom would be proud too that I'm finally giving into this whole 'lady' thing." 

After a while we had finished our breakfast and we took a cab to some hair place.

Mahogany talked to the girl who would be doing my hair.

"She wants her hair in layers but her hair still long enough to striaghten and she wants to go with ombre hair. Will that be okay?" She asked nicely.

"'Course sweetheart." She had a southern accent she must've moved from somewhere else to here. She walked over to me. "Now take off that cap darlin' I'm gonna make you look like a star." She grinned into the mirror and I nervously did as told.