prologue

Rosa ☯

"You're going Rosa that's final!" My mom yelled back at me. I chased after her as she speed walked into the kitchen.

"But mom! What about Sam and Gina?!" I tried to argue. "What about summer basketball and baseball camp?! What about football? I really wanted to do all three as always!" 

"Rosa they'll be fine without you. They're old enough to survive a summer without you. You can miss out one year on those sports. Your father and I really want a vacation just without the both of you this summer." She sighed and while rubbing her temple. By both of us, she was refering to my twin Jack Gilinsky.

"I don't want to go to Magcon mom!" I groaned. "Why can't I stay home alone all summer? Or why can't I stay with Gina?" 

Gina and Sam are my best friends and I don't feel okay with just dissing them a whole summer to be at a stupid meet 'n greet convention. Jack J is one of my best friends too, but that's Jack's bestfriend.

I don't really have a lot of girl friends. I get along with everyone at school, I'm just not a girly girl. I prefer hiding my hair, hanging out with guys, and doing sports rather than shopping or painting nails. I know basically know the whole school, because I'm really outgoing. 

I'd just rather hang out with guys though because most girls are boring. They  fangirl about guys too much, gossip, and other things that are uninteresting to me. 

My mom insists I dress like a girl and show my hair but I refuse. I remain with sweats, t-shirts, and baseball cap with all my hair tucked in kind of look.  I once tried to cut off all my hair but my mom cried so hard, so I didn't. 

"Rosa! We've talked about this, just go. Support your brother. You'll have a good time. Jack J is going you're friends with him. Don't you know how many teenage girls would love to be in your position?" She explained like I was ungrateful.

Why can't they take my place?

"Mom of course I wanna go support my brother but I'd feel like an eleventh wheel! Plus I don't wanna be surrounded by screaming teenage girls my whole summer." 

"We're done talking about this. You're getting on that plane tomorrow." She scolded.

"Okay fine." I gave in and walked myself up the stairs.

I'm not looking forward to this. Sure there's gonna be nine guys and two girls, myself included, but that doesn't mean I'll have fun.

The story will get better I promise!

ilysm, xx.

next update: 10 votes