No Ordinary Love

Morgan

I woke up to an empty bed. Looking around the room, I found no sign of Jake and the twins. I sighed, getting out of the bed feeling the plush white carpet under my toes. Making my way to the bathroom I washed my face and fixed my hair into a ponytail before going to Madison's room. I didn't want to wake her so I simply kissed her cheek and rubbed her head, feeling her soft curls. I smiled and walked down the stairs. On the stairs I could hear laughter but also Jacob talking to the munchkins.

"Mekai, stop eating the fruit man. Pineapples and strawberries are for mommy." he explained. Nearing the kitchen I smiled and walked in motioning for the kids to be quiet as Jacob was at the stove, just cooking away. "What y'all get so quiet for?" he asked dancing around. They giggled and I wrapped my arms around him from the back instantly feeling him jump.

"Boo!" I startled him and soon heard the laughter of not only me but the twins fill the room. Jacob turned around with an annoyed expression.

"Haha so funny, you know Daddy could have burned himself because of you Mommy?" he looked to me shaking his head as I continued laughing.

"Noooooo!" Jade shook her head. It only made me laugh harder.

"I'm sorry baby. I really am." I laughed before I pressed my face against his back and continued to hold him from behind.

"Mhm."

"Don't be stubborn baby." I mumbled as he turned to face me. With pouted lips, I watched as he looked down to me.

"Don't scare me next time. Y'all go ahead and sit down. Food is about ready." he smirked to me as I walked away, getting the twins into their highchairs.

"Daddy made us pancakes munchkins! Isn't that your favorite?" I asked putting their bibs over them.

"Yeah! Yes, yes!" Mekai was a bit hype this morning. I kissed his forehead and sat down as Jacob brought over our plates. Turkey bacon, blueberry pancakes and fruit. He was truly the best.

"Mmmm looks so good Jacob. Good job baby boy." I watched him shoo me off before blessing the table.

"So how long this business of yours gonna take?" he questioned looking across the table at me. I shrugged and bit my bacon.

"I mean, I would hope by one or so. Its about ten now. I won't be long at all." he simply nodded and we continued eating. I could tell that Jacob was curious but it was something that was pressing on my mind and I wanted to do it.

After finishing such a delectable breakfast I made my way to the baby's room to try and feed her. As I sat back in the chair I watched as Jacob stood at the door. I frantically tried to cover myself a bit until I heard him chuckle.

"Ain't like its nothing I haven't seen before." I was shocked by his boldness and shook my head.

"Shut up Jacob." I laughed.

"Its the truth. But when you finish I'll burp her, so you can get ready." nodding I actually was nearing that. I fixed myself and handed her over, kissing Jake's cheek as I walked out.

After showering I quickly got dressed in my torn jeans and all white tee. I put my hair into a knotted bun, applying nude gloss and a little mascara. Within 30 minutes I had gotten ready and was still doing alright on time. On my way out I felt a hand pull me back, and Jacob had me against the wall. I looked him in the eyes before sighing and playfully rolling my eyes.

"Don't make that face girl. But where you headed?" he asked. I knew that if I had told him where I intended on going that he's blow it way out of proportion.