Try Me

Morgan

I was trying my absolute best not to grow frustrated. The holidays were right around the corner, meaning the holiday charity event was also. With all of these meetings and deadlines for finalizations I was getting more stressed out by the minute.

"So I had an idea, however it may take a lot to pull it off." I looked over to Tracy as she had Jade on her lap.

The boys went out today with Jacob, so that left me and my baby girl here. We most likely weren't going to be here all day though.

"Alright baby, spit.'' Trace said. She was my older cousin and you could tell, she was like an older sister type though, since we were kids.

"If we do a fashion show, where we get local designers to model their things on some of the models from the agency I work for...and we make it so that the items are auctioned off."

"So a portion of the proceeds would go to the charity?" she added. I nodded and smiled wide.

"Exactly. You like it?" I asked crossing my fingers with an uneasy grin.

"Love it. I'll handle the details. You work on getting some models. I gotta run." I got up and snatched Jadie up kissing her cheeks.

"Say bye bye to Tracy." she hid in my neck and we both smiled.

"Bye Jade." Tracy smiled before leaving the house. I carried her upstairs with me and placed her on the bed.

"My baby is almost two years old, you ready for your birthday?" she clapped her hands and laughed.

"Yah mah!" it was funny how she said my name, but I've never heard her try to say her Daddy's. I smiled and took pictures of her.

We got dressed and prepared to just go out for a little girls day. Which ultimately meant shopping, but I decided on stopping by my mom and dad's first. I hadn't seen them in a few weeks or so, so now would be the perfect time.

"Well look here, my girls." Dad came to the door and hugged us both. He took Jade from my arms and I closed the door behind me.

"Hey Dad, where's mom?" I asked.

"She's in the kitchen with Matthew." I jumped and ran into the kitchen. My little brother was here and I had no clue. I jumped up attacking him with a hug.

"Woah, woah! Whats up?"he asked placing me down. I laughed along with my mom.

"I'm sorry. Look at you. Facial hair and everything. My gosh." I gushed touching his face. He looked to my mom and rolled his eyes before laughing.

"Nice to see you Morgan." my mom said from the sink. I walked over and pecked her cheek.

"You guys too, I'm sorry I've been so busy. Man." I sighed sitting at the table.

"I can see. Jacob with you?" Matt questioned.

"Just me and Jade. She's with Dad." he nodded and they walked in as if on cue.

"Jadie!" he smiled picking her up from my Dad's arms.

"Its been a while since you've seen her huh?" I asked looking at them both.

"Sure has, I graduate in the Spring so I'll see her more that's for sure."

.

.

.

"Hungry baby?" I questioned trying to keep Jade calm. She was so fussy at the moment, and loud at that.