Get It Over With: Part T w o

Jacob

How in the hell? I sighed, frustrated at what had occurred at the hotel the other night. I didn't mention it to anyone. Alix was gone before everyone and was on her way to L.A. I was so pissed and I tried my best not to show it. It was literally eating me alive though.

It got way too far, and all I could do was pray that my wife's reaction was one of understanding. First thing's first, I had to get a restraining order against Alix. As soon as possible.

Issa was eyeing me down and I stared at him in confusion, zoning them out I put in my headphones preparing for the ride home. We stopped at a Waffle House and grabbed something to eat. My mind was racing with anticipation for being home, and how I would approach the situation that happened.

About two hours later, we made it to Atlanta. I got dropped off to what looked to be an empty house. I didn't see Morgan's car out front at all. Once I made it inside, I called out. Of course there wasn't an answer. In a few days, Jacob and Tiffany were having their wedding dinner. Tiffany still knew about what happened that day at the restaurant.

The Dinner

The way I've been acting towards Morgan was really shaky. I didn't want to kiss or touch her like usually knowing that Alix had her way with me. We sat down together along with the rest of the wedding party and some of their family members, the atmosphere was one of tension and awkwardness.

"You alright baby?" Morgan looked to me with those sweet eyes and a warm smile.

"I'm fine." I put on a smile and she nodded looking down to the salad that was before her. We had a whole three course meal for dinner.

"So Jake, how was the concert?" Jacob asked as his arm was draped around Tiffany's shoulder.

"It was nice, just like old times." I started on my food and we all engaged in small conversation.

"So baby who else was there, I didn't quite hear everyone that was." Morg looked to me. I gulped nervously thinking about Alix instantly before speaking.

"Issa, Quees, Justin and Alix." she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I just cannot with that girl at all, she better not have tried anything sneaky." I looked to her in fear that I was being a dead giveaway.

"You said Alix was there Jacob?" Tiffany interjected. I nodded and we exchanged looks. Mine was one of warning and hers was demanding. Like she was still on me about the incident.

"Yes ma'am." Craig came in rushing, and he looked to be out of breath. We all looked to him.

"What's wrong Craig?" Morgan asked alarmed. He took off his glasses and shook his head before he spoke.

"Jacob, Alix. Its Alix. They found her unresponsive in her house man." I stood up and Morgan looked to me from her seat.

"You're going up there?" she asked.

"Yeah, are you coming with me?" I watched her twist her lips and shrug.

"Sure baby, yeah. I'm so sorry you guys." Morgan sighed as we placed our coats on. Tiffany looked to me with saddened eyes and nodded her head.

"Its alright. We'll come a little later on."

We rushed to the hospital following Craig. I was sweating bullets from my guilt and worrying so much about what happened. Morgan rubbed her temples, obviously upset that this happened the night of our friend's dinner. Something is telling me that Alix planned for this to happen.