Never Let You Go

Morgan

"B-baby..." I clenched Jacob's hand, smiling as best I could through the oxygen mask on my face. There was a ambulance in the distance and soon Ma was standing in the doorway.

"Jacob baby what's wron-" she was lost for words once she saw me laying here, smiling weakly. I continued to look at Jacob the whole time, he kept mouthing he loved me over and over. Within a few minutes a stretcher was rolled into the room and the EMTs did the best they could to safely remove me from the bed I was laying in. Pain was all I felt and I let out a groan.

"We apologize ma'am. Hang on for us Morgan." the woman spoke to me. I breathed in and out before a tear slipped from my eye.

I overheard Ma and Jacob speaking about calling everyone to let them know that I was awake. Jacob agreed to riding to the hospital with me in the ambulance of course, and Ma would drive the Range with the twins. The rest was sort of a blur, I was in and out of consciousness. Jacob kept clenching onto my hand, smiling down at me and rubbing my forehead. I closed my eyes, just inhaling the scent that I had missed for so long.

Upon entering the hospital so many different things were going on at once I found it extremely hard to keep up. IV's were being changed, and my clothes. From hearing the nurses talk I was fine, I just had to eat as soon as possible. My body wasn't responding to the food that was being fed to me during the coma. I was wheeled into a room in the ICU unit. Jacob enetered a few moments later and took a seat next to me. He sighed and just looked at me with the biggest grin.

"I missed you...so, so damn much Morgan. God really looked out this time. I'm so happy you're awake." I wanted to speak, but it felt weird even trying to do so. I was so incredibly weak.

"Me too." I managed to get out, although it was barely audible. He simply pursed his lips and looked to the door as a nurse walked in.

"Morning Mrs.Latimore. I just want to see if you can eat, or drink something for me." I nodded, moving a bit I sat all the way up and took the cup from the woman. It was a smoothie, I drank these a lot for modeling so there was no big deal in me finishing it. Especially due to the fact that I was starving.

"Baby you were really hungry." Jacob smirked. I rolled my eyes and watched the nurse smile in our direction.

"Okay, now this might be a bit much...lets try a saltine cracker." I nodded taking the package from her. I tried my best to open it but couldn't, and after a moment the nurse took it from me gently and opened it right away. I pouted a bit feeling embarrassed and glanced at Jacob looking to me with his sleepy eyes giving me the feeling that it was alright.

"Lets see if this settles alright with you." she smiled. I bit into it, the first taste of food since the night I was shot.

I swallowed it down, even eating a few more and then I was satisfied.

"T-thats enough for now." I sat it to the tray before me and watched as she turned on the television.

"Okay sweet pea. Well its great that you're awake. Your story really touched a lot of us. But if theres anything you need you know what to do."

"Thank you ma'am." she exited leaving us alone. I fiddled with my fingers, looking to my lap. My fingers shook a little, and I could tell it was just my nerves from the medicine I was placed on.

"Hey...." Jacob's voice trailed. Nothing filled the room but the faint sounds of the machines that felt so familiar and the television. I finally looked over to him.

"Hi.."

"How you feeling?" his hand made its way to mine. I was shocked by his touch. Waves of electricity shot through my body as he rubbed his thumb over my hand.