Next Time Around

Morgan

"Gabrielle." I turned around as Jacob's voice filled my ears. In his hand was a gift bag, and he had a friendly expression on his face.

"Thank you Jacob. Sorry about earlier."

"Don't worry about it. Its cool. Enjoy your gift." he simply walked off as I nodded. I peered inside what seemed to be a bag from Tiffany's. It was heart warming and by the time I turned back around to the girls, my smile was still there.

On the inside I was excited. It showed he still cared about me. I was positive that my cheeks were red from blushing at his generosity. My heart was racing out of control. Especially due to the fact we were stuck together for so long. I pretended as if I didn't like his affection, but I loved it.

"What you smiling for?" Danielle questioned smirking in my direction. I shook my head, removing a curl from my face.

"Nothing its just, Jacob actually got me something." they all gushed and came closer to me as I showed them what it was. A ruby jewelry set.

"My goodness, must've cost him a fortune. Thats so pretty Morg." I smiled holding it up as Justice helped me out.

"Excuse me. Morgan?" we all paused and I looked up to find Lindsay. She looked just like the pictures. But you couldn't deny that she was gorgeous.

"Hi, Lindsay right?" I asked watching her extend her hand. She had manners, I was expecting her to try and boast that she & Jacob were together.

"Yes. I just wanted to say happy birthday. Jacob has said so much about you." I instantly smiled and released from her grip.

"Thank you so much."

"Well I guess I'll see you around. Enjoy your your night." she walked off and I actually could say that I didn't mind if they were with each other. The girls could read me like a book and we all went to take a seat.

"So what exactly happened in the elevator? We know you two are some freaks." Tiffany laughed along with the others. She always said that.

"There you go! We actually were at each other's throats for a bit...but we actually talked. Thats what shocked me the most."

"You two aren't planning on getting back together...are you?" Dani looked to me a little saddened. I shrugged and looked down at my nails.

"I mean I don't know..I guess me and Mario are taking things slow. And Jake looks happy." I glanced over to him & Lindsay. He smiled at her in a more friendly way though, but still.

"He's not one hundred percent happy. And neither are you." Tiffany reached for my hand and I smiled slightly.

"I guess." I sighed before a cart with a large cake was rolled out. I was taken by surprise. Instantly I started laughing and I stood up as everyone sang happy birthday to me. I had no idea that they would do this to me. A large 30 stood on the top of the beautifully decorated cake. Small little decoration pieces of shoes, purses, lipsticks and other things were scattered all over it. Of course it read 'Happy 30th Morgan'.

"Happy birthday ma." Mario came to me, bringing me into a hug. I smiled from ear to ear. I looked up to him with a smirk.

"Are you the mastermind behind all of this?" I asked soon smiling watching him nod.

"Absolutely, I wanna see you happy. You good?" Mario asked as we walked closer to the cake. I was handed a knife and I nodded before starting to cut slices.

"I'm good. Who wants some cake?" I cheered watching people walk over. After handing out pieces, I grabbed myself a large slice and crashed on a couch nearby. I noticed Jacob was by himself.