How Could You

Jacob

"Hey princess, I promise this is the last time you have to say bye bye to Daddy for a long time." I looked Jade in her eyes and smiled as she kissed my cheek.

"Bye bye Daddy." she spoke in that angelic voice of hers. I smiled and walked to the truck. Morgan and Mario came to pick her up and say goodbye.

"Alright pal, September is show time. I might be back before then. Your birthday is next month so I don't know." Morgan placed a hand on her hip and I nodded.

"Sounds good with me. Take care of yourself baby." we hugged and I could see Mario turn his head from the inside of the car. I placed my hand on her stomach. Our daughter would be here soon and I was excited. A dad times four.

"I will Jacob." I reached for her hand, slowly releasing it as she slipped away and into the vehicle with him. Of course I was still a little skeptical about Mario. He was good looking, but shit so was I. Morgan was trustworthy. Something she has been since the beginning of this relationship.

"Kaleb." I called out entering the house and shutting the door behind me. He instantly popped up out of nowhere it seemed with a smile on his face. Seeing his smile only made me happier. I'd do anything for my kids.

"Yeah Dad." he stated simply as we walked through the hallway.

"I'm gonna take you back home today. Go ahead and get your stuff alright?" he nodded and was off to his room. Walking up to mine I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I figured it was a text message and I saw that my guess was correct.

Dig: Need you to come to New York. We got some business to take care of!

That was just what I needed to hear. Finally it was time for us to get this album released. I know that it had been a while since I put something out there so this was it. I smiled to myself and began to pack my bag, as well as Mekai's. I wasn't going to leave him here this time. After getting my things together and Kaleb had his things packed we made our way to Kendra and Mike's place. I made last minute amends to get our tickets as we approached the house. Hearing the cry of a baby I remembered that Kaleb had a little sister. Kendle.

"Jacob! Whats up man?" Mike dapped me and I smiled as we walked inside. Despite our differences in the past, we were on good terms now. It was crazy how your enemy could become a friend.

"Nothing much, just dropping off baby boy. Kendra busy with the baby?" I motioned towards upstairs and he nodded.

"Yeah, she's something else. Hey Ken, Jacob's here." he called up and we took a seat on the couch.

"Dad can I take Kai Kai to my room?" I twisted my lips and looked to the time on my phone before nodding.

"Yeah Kaleb, but not too long. We're gonna have to go soon." he smiled and helped Mekai to his room up the stairs. Mike and I shook our heads laughing at the sight. Kendra held the baby to her chest and walked down the stairs.

"Hey you." she smiled while I stood to hug her. Kendle rested against her so peacefully.

"How you been?" I asked sitting back. She nodded and smiled. Kendra looked happy, healthy and beautiful.

"Never been better. I'm doing good. How about you?" Kendra asked. I smiled thinking about how this weekend was going, pretty good in my eyes.

"Same here, I can't really complain. I'm about to get on the road...well catch a flight." I laughed looking to them.

"Oh thats good. Thanks for keeping big head a little bit longer. I appreciate it." Kendra smiled looking down to the baby.

"Of course, its my job. Don't mention it. He had fun with his siblings anyways." she nodded and looked up to me, arched brow and all.