Lifetime

Jacob

Two days later

I watched her sitting at the vanity styled mirror of our bedroom. She was dressed only in her bra and underwear, along with her black stiletto heels. Carlos Santana's, I remember buying them for her. I couldn't help but to stare at her from a small distance as I prepared to get dressed myself. Placing the cuff-links on my black silk dress shirt I rubbed on a little cologne and stood against the wall.

"I'm almost done. I promise." I smiled to myself hearing her say that. Everyone knew that was Morgan's thing. Soon it became our thing as we would always say it to each other.

Minutes later she was standing before me in a simple white dress. It fitted her perfectly. We finally had the chance to go and renew our vows now. Our family would be there to witness it all.  Afterwards we had plans for a celebration. I was anxious. We had vowed to put a twist on the vows that we recited at our wedding. Being that this wasn't going to be a full out ceremony we would just do those, and renew our love. All in a matter of a few minutes.

"So I'm guessing this isn't considered bad luck then." Morgan chuckled as we arrived at the church. We saw cars that were very familiar and smiled to each other.

"Not at all baby." I winked and we entered where everyone was. With much anticipation on their faces we smiled seeing the crew.

"Great. We may now proceed with the ceremony. Will the couple come before us?" the minister stood with a smile as I stood, holding my hand out for Morgan. Together we walked to the altar. "Would any of you like to share any words to the guests that have come to witness this reunion?"

"I want to say thank you to all of you that were there for me in my hardest time, and that was during Morgan's coma. From helping with the baby, and just lifting my spirits. It didn't go unnoticed and I love y'all." I felt Morgan rub her thumbs against mine and I smiled to her.

"Morgan?" the minister inquired.

"Well, I don't know where to begin really. From my best friend being there for me, and all of the support of our marriage and our love from the beginning I just want to say thank you. You guys were there for us in our darkest times. We do love you guys."

"Alright. So now, we want to observe the reason that we are here. In life, we all can fall to rocky places and especially in love. Today we are here in the witnessing of the renewing of vows from Morgan and Jacob. Jacob, would you care to start?" I nodded and took a deep breath.

"We've been through the storm. I am glad to say that I made it through with you baby. You're the beautiful mother to three of my children, and also my bestfriend. I can't count how many times I thank God for you. Even when I feel as if I don't deserve you at all, he gives me another chance at love with you. And for that I want to say that I love you. Morgan Gabrielle Latimore, my queen. My heartache, and my headache. But through it all I still love you." I kissed her hand and watched as she started to cry, but with a smile on her face still.

"And Morgan?"

"I feel like, we've proved to everyone that our love is strong. You've put up with me and for that I'm grateful. When we were apart, it only made me realize that I missed you and that what we had was still valuable. You're an amazing father, and my protector. I wasn't quite sure what was in for when we walked down the aisle three years ago. But now I know that our love is just what I imagined it to be. Yes, we have endured a few hard times. But baby look where we are now. I can't stress how much I love you Jacob O'Neal." a few pictures were taken of us as we smiled to each other.

The minister spoke a few more words. Finally, he pronounced us husband and wife again. I lifted Morg's chin and felt her smile against my lips. So sweet and tender, I grazed them with mine before finally our lips locked. Her hands wrapped around my neck and I placed my hands at the small of her back. It was perfect. Now it was time for us to make up the time that we didn't have the time to spend with each other. Everyone was so happy. And that's exactly what I wanted. With the renewal of those vows I felt like a whole new man.