Alone

Things had seemed to be turning around at first ; but now they weren't. Morgan had been in a coma for three months now. November had come so quickly. Everyone's faith was shaky. Including Jacob's. Morgan's body was now in Atlanta. She was in home, hospice care. It wasn't looking too well at this point. Her signs weren't being shown any longer, and that completely shocked everyone. On top of that, Morgan had lost a lot of weight in the last couple of weeks. She was recognizable, but only if you knew her.

It was really hurting her parents. Matt had flown into town and stayed with them while his sister was in this state.

"Doing alright Jacob?" Melissa asked. He nodded smiling before hugging her.

"Yeah, it'll be alright, whatever happens." he managed to say although he was thinking about the worst.

Throughout the past several months a lot was going on. Madison was now a healthy three month old baby girl, and she really started to look more and more like her mother everyday. The twins were starting to take the situation a bit harder now. As many times as Jacob tried to comfort them it just wasn't settling in their little minds.

"How about we all come down for dinner now. Jacob, you want me to bring yours up here?" Miss Tish entered the room. Jacob nodded sitting back in his recliner. Morgan was in their guest room, he even slept in there on the large bed that sat near the wall.

Once again Jacob was left in the room briefly alone with Morgan. With a lot of his mind he just decided to sit down. He was at the stage where he couldn't cry any longer, his heart was just aching at this point. He heard footsteps approaching the room and looked up to see Craig. He slightly smiled dapping him and taking the plate of food.

"Sup man?" Jacob spoke in a low tone while eating his favorite dish : roasted red potatoes, baked chicken and his mom's delicious garlicky string beans.

"Nothing much. How are you is the question?" Craig took a seat near Morg and looked over to Jacob.

"I mean..I feel like all this is my fault." he admitted. Craig shook his head at his words.

"Nah man, its not. Don't do that to yourself Jacob. Seriously." Craig stated. He couldn't take the foolishness he was hearing. This was Jacob we were talking about! He went above and beyond to make his family happy.

"Yes, it is. From the beginnin'. I was so worried about shows, and getting Alix straight that I couldn't see that she was using me and Morgan was right." he sat his plate down and pointed to her.

"We all get caught up sometimes bro, its okay. We all know Morgan will pull through."

"But look at her man. I feel alone, and I might as well get used to to it because if I lose her thats all I'll ever be...you don't understand man." he began to weep, and his friends had dealt with this for a while. It was Jacob's way to relieve his stress.

Meanwhile in "heaven" Morgan was at a cross roads. She felt bad for how everyone was feeling. But she didn't know if she was ready to come back to reality which meant leaving her mother and dealing with the burdens of the pain she caused. It was effecting her health though, and the sooner she was awake the better.

•••••••

"Ma I can't do this." Morgan sighed looking to her mother. A look of confusion washed over Susan's face.

"Whats wrong now baby?"

"I wanna go back but...I feel like I've caused them so much trouble already. Look at me, I look terrible. There's no telling how I'll be when I wake up."