Chapter Nineteen

It was August 18th. As if that morning Percy was officially eighteen. Today was the day he had to figure out what the hell he was going to do.

"Good morning Mr. Jackson and happy birthday." Percy jumped as Jarvis' voice echoed around the room.

"Gods, Jarvis. You scared me." Percy breathed, holding a hand to his chest.

"Apologies, Sir. I have been told to inform you that Mr. Stark would like you're appearance down in the main lounge."

"Uh, right. Thanks Jarvis."

What could Stark want him for this early in the morning?

~~~~

He was leaving. He had to leave. Percy hadn't actually thought completely about the fact he was leaving, and that thought wouldn't have hit him until he walked through the front doors. Percy had always assumed he would stay in New York. But this man's presence told him otherwise.

"I am Eric Collins, here on behalf of your uncle." The man introduced himself, holding out a hand for Percy to shake. Cautiously, he shook it.

"My... uncle?" Percy asked hesitantly. Tony portrayed a somber expression on his face. Just as Percy had become attached to the Avengers, they had become attached to him.

"Yes. James Ugliano. He will take care of you until we are positive that you are ready to be introduced to the world. As ordered by the social workers we received the custody papers from." Eric informed.

"Until I'm ready to be what?" Percy mumbled, everything still sinking in.

"I still don't understand. It's been weeks since Gabe was sent to jail. Why show up now?" Tony demanded angrily, standing up and confronting the man.

"Legal matters take time, Mr. Stark." The man replied calmly to Tony's outburst. It was just the three of them in the room. "Not only this, but the Master has been unable to come out himself, thus why I am here. He would rather take custody of his nephew in law than leave him with an unstable child with too much money while he is of a shaky mentality." At this stage in the morning, it was to early for Percy to comprehend all the big words strung together in that sentence. But he understood that Tony had been insulted.

"You-!" Papers were shoved in Tony's face.

"If you must read over the legalised documentations." The man stated cooly.

Tony growled in frustration, knocking the papers away from his face.

"Perseus, go pack your bags." Eric ordered. Percy's eyes flitted to Tony's, searching for confirmation.

The billionaire sighed in defeat, nodding his head.

"But I need to tell Loki-"

"You will be permitted to visiting rights as we see fit." And that was that. Eric would allow nothing more to be said.

~~~~

The car was silent. Too silent. Percy drummed his fingers on his jeans and tapped his feet on the ground, creating whatever random tune came to mind.

The car was a black limousine, with a controllable window between the front and back seats. This rolled slowly rolled up, shutting him off from Eric. At first he thought it was all due to his persistent tapping if boredom.

But then he caught a glimpse of the gas mask on Eric's face.

"Oi! What's that for! What are do-" a hissing sound could be heard and suddenly Percy found it harder to breathe as a clear coloured gas filled the backseat. He held his breath for as long as he could, but never really having a reason to in the past due to his water abilities, he could not hold it long.

Percy banged on the windows and tugged on the kiddy locked doors until darkness claimed him...

~~~~

I know, it's been nice and lovey dovey. But now that we have had a taste of that, it's time to through them back in the deep end.

I think it's terrifying that I've finished half of this dam story in a day.

On a more serious note, from here on out is the potentially triggering stuff I was talking about. You have been warned.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama