Chapter Two

"Soo uh... who are you again?" The guy in the red suit blinked at him. What's so wrong with that question? A simple 'who are you' can't be that bad...

"Who-who am I? How can you not know who I am? Is that possible? Are you new here? Wait, no you're not. Did you-"

"Wow! Okay! Simple question here." Percy raised his hands in surrender.

The guy sighed. "Spider-Man. I'm Spider-Man, a popular superhero around here."

"I don't really use technology, sorry." Percy figured that this Spider-Man would appear on the news a fair bit. They didn't really get the newspaper at his appartments either. Gabe said they could spend the money on better things. Then it clicked what the red suit had said. Spider. "Do you have something against Athena?"

"Against who?"

"Never mind."

"Riight."

Percy's watch beeped, interrupting any possibility of furthered conversation.

"Ah, Styx! I need to get home, bye!" Percy ran out of the alleyway.

Peter Parker hung from his spider web. He hadn't missed the obvious panic when Percy realised he needed to go. He hadn't missed the attempt at concealing pain when Percy walked. While they'd been talking Peter had the suit analyse Percy. The dark haired teen had messy stitches in his chest, and a tiny piece of glass still lodged in. There was also the faint green of an ageing bruise peeking from above his shirt collar.

Keep an eye on him. His senses told him.

'Styx'?

~~~~

Percy opened the door to the apartment. The watch beep had signified that he needed to have lunch ready and soon. The short walk outside was something he needed before returning home to the stench of beer and old pizza. He realised that he never got another job like he'd originally intended.

He sighed as he pulled ingredients from shelves and shoved something edible on a plate.

Percy felt pathetic as he approached the dented wooden door. It loomed before him, behind it contained the horrors of his childhood. A demon he still had yet to shed. Someone I feel I'll never be able to escape from. He doubted Gabe would let him go even when he turned eighteen.

At first Gabe was someone who greatly angered him. Somebody he could yell right back at. Until his mother passed away and things went to Tartarus quicker than he did. Why not just deal with the smelly old bastard?

Because he was scared. Terrified, actually. A human being? A living, breathing, person? Someone with hobbies, a family. He didn't have the right to take that all away from someone, no matter how much he may feel they deserve it. Gabe wasn't some monster that would spit a few insults then turn to dust, only to show up again however many years later with a vendetta. Death was final. There was no coming back from that.

Percy couldn't do that to someone. He wouldn't.

He took a deep breath, trying to keep his hands from shaking. He knocked.

"Whattaya want now kid!" Percy flinched.

"Uh... lunch is ready." He cursed himself for stuttering. Weakness must not be shown.

Weakness has consequences...

~~~~

Wow this is really fucking short. This should've been longer and updated sooner 😅. Anyway, school just went back (sadly). So I'm loaded with homework again! Yay! 🙄.

Yes yes, more cliffhangers I know. And the cover made by me is really really bad, so if someone would like to help me out? I'd be eternally grateful. Covers are part of my motivation to write so I tried to do something...

These chapters are becoming as short as those Webtoons I've begun favouring recently...

I thought, can't put off updating any longer.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama