27: Raisin

Warning: Strong Language Ahead

--- --- ---

Your laughter fills the empty and dim hideout, echoing pleasantly throughout the small bar. Tomura waits in frustration for your fit to end while Kurogiri continues to polish a random glass cup with his white cloth, unfazed by the events prevailing before him.

"So you're telling me that all 75 of your little villain soldiers just went poof? Just like that? And not even one hero was killed?" You laugh harder, clutching your abdomen to soften the pain you were starting to feel. "Mannnn, I wish I was there to see the chaos!"

Instantly, three fingers wraps around your neck, halting your laughter to a stiff chuckle.

"One more word and you'll decay in an instant," Tomura glares at you, placing another finger around your neck.

"One more threat and I won't give you a choice between burnt and crispy," you challenge him, lighting your pointer finger with a flame as you smirk ever so slightly.

"I'll kick you out of my base. You can go live on the streets instead."

"Good luck trying to get me out now, scrub. I happen to fancy this place a lot."

"More than your fucking boy toy's place?"

The flame on your finger goes out as you stare at your friend in a mix of shock and sadness. Your body relaxes under his grip, causing him to laugh. "What? Still not over your little breakup?"

"That's enough," Kurogiri stops your childish fight. "Give the kid a break, she just came back from a difficult mission."

Sighing, Tomura releases the grip he had on you to grab his glass of whiskey instead and chugs it down swiftly. "Murder isn't a difficult mission."

You let out a huff as you run a hand through your hair. "True, but I'm a delicate, little flower, so some respect would be nice once in a while."

Ignoring the scoff from your older friend, you continue to scarf down your dinner in contempt.

Ever since the events that happened at the mall, you gradually began to cut all ties from your fellow hero friends. Because of this, you also started to lose your trust with others once again.

It has been weeks since then and you have moved in to reside in the League of Villains hideout not long after. In order to pay for your lifestyle there, you have returned as a villain; you have given up on trying to live life as an innocent person, taking on villainous jobs to carry your own weight instead.

"Have you seen the fire machine man that's been roaming and destroying villages?" Kurogiri pops a question to break the silence.

"The wha-" Immediately, you turn to look at Tomura, "Cool name. Is this another club of yours?"

Annoyed, Tomura sighs before turning to face at you. "No. (Y/N). It's an actual monster that's currently destroying part of the world, in case you didn't notice."

"We were hoping for you to destroy it, since you can probably stand the heat that it creates," Kurogiri explains further, "if not handle more."

"Wait, wait, wait. Heat?" You look up at Kurogiri with peak interest to invoke further explanation. He turns to set the glass cup in the cardboard before turning back to face you.

"The heat this machine - or man, whichever you prefer- generates is so strong that it can melt an average person's skin off of them. The only person who I believe can counter the heat and defeat it is you. You're probably the only one who can handle the intensity-"