22: Flames

Warning: Strong language ahead. 

--- --- ----

"That's your mom?" Katsuki stares at you in surprise, "I thought you said she..."

You continue to stare at the chuckling woman standing before you, nodding slightly at Katsuki's words. "That's what I thought.." Your eyes widens as you try to comprehend the situation. "I don't understand! Why-"

"Why am I here?" The woman laughs as she lights her palm up with the familiar, dancing flames. "Am I not allowed to see my child? My only daughter? Oh how that saddens me!" 

Your body shakes at the sound of her voice. You weren't aware of it, but your hands were slowly clenching tightly around your blades. Katsuki notices it too, watching you carefully through the corner of his eyes. 

"It's been years..." You utter at her as your tears slowly crawls down your cheeks. Your voice seems to weaken gradually as you continue. "All those fucking years since you left me - since you left dad! We thought you were dead! What the fuck happened to you?"

"Well, I'm here now. Still young and alive more than ever before! Come here and gimme a hug!She smiles as she takes slow, progressive steps towards you with arms open wide. This causes you to fluster, taking an impulsive step backwards.

Katsuki doesn't utter a word in the process; only stare at the woman before the both of you. It was almost as if he was also contemplating on what to do. 

"She tried to kill us!" You whisper up at him, earning his ember eyes to stare back to your own. "My mother tried to kill us!" Your heart pounds against your chest as the words you just utter goes through your mind. 

"I'm hurt, (Y/N)!" Your mother screams hysterically, breaking the little moment you were having. "I was just testing you!" She lifts one of her hand up to chest level, palm facing outwards towards the two of you. "No hard feelings, kid, but I would really appreciate it if you have a little time out for a second." 

Before you were able to react, a constant stream of flame lashes out beside you. By the time the smoke cleared it's charcoal path, Katsuki wasn't standing beside you anymore. 

In the midst of confusion, you just keep your stare at the charred spot where Katsuki was standing. It wasn't long before she approaches your side, giving you a light hug around the waist. You jump out of her grasp in surprise when you felt a burning sensation where her hands were resting on you. She burnt you. 

"What? Are we not fighting anymore? I was hoping you'd fucking entertain me a while longer, (Y/N)!" You mother laughs loudly as she slowly makes her way to you with hands lit with fire again.  

"Why the fuck did you do that?" You yell at her in a confused fashion. You turn back to look at Katsuki for support, but quickly turn back around to face your mother when you remember he was no where near you. "Katsuki had nothing to do with ... with whatever this is!" 

Although you were able to see the blurry fist of fire coming towards you, you were frozen in place, unable to move a muscle. You didn't want to believe that your mom was using her quirk against you; fighting with her all as if she wanted to really knock you out. 

You hiss at her flames, clashing your weapons to the ground. Before you were able to recover it, a hard kick lands on your stomach, spiraling you hard against the wall. 

"I just want to spend a little time together with you, my beautiful (Y/N)!" Your mother hollers back at you, picking up your tossed blades off the floor. You shiver as you watch her lick the flat side of one of your blood soaked blades clean as she continues to stare at you with her toxic eyes. "With no interruptions."