Chapter 64: The Room

"Wake up, sleepyhead," a voice sang in my ear. I groaned, pressing my face back against his neck. "Come on. It's almost time for breakfast and you need to eat."

My stomach growled, proving his point. "But I'm so comfortable. Do I have too?"

"Even your stomach is saying it needs food. So get up, get dressed and go downstairs," he slid his hand down my back, "And you best do it soon, because frankly this position is kind of killing me here."

I cracked my eyes open groggily, looking back down at us. Somehow during the night I'd hooked a leg over him, so I was basically lying on top of him, legs spread wide.

"Oh my gosh! Sorry!" I said hastily, rolling off of him. I clutched the sheets to my chest, feeling awkward and embarassed. He relaxed slightly, passing a hand over his face for a moment before he sat up.

"Let's get dressed," he said, and I all too eagerly agreed. Once we were both appropriately clothed, we headed downstairs for breakfast.

"So uh...how was the party?" I asked, sitting down at the counter.

"Oh it was fun," mom said, yawning big before she smiled at me. "It ran pretty late, but we had a blast."

"And a few too many drinks," Peter added, nudging my mom.

She waved a hand at him, "Oh come on. It's a party, I think I'm allowed to drink once in a while. So how was your night?" she turned to me, looking me over as if by looking at me she could find out what happened last night.

"Pretty good too. We played in the snow for a bit and just relaxed," Blade said easily, hand resting comfortingly on my leg.

My mom looked vaguely disappointed, which made me blush. How sad is it that even your mom is disappointed that you didn't have sex with your boyfriend? Even if it was because he was trying to be sweet...but it wasn't like my mom knew that, or was ever going to know that.

"So whose hot chocolate did I find in the living room this morning?" Peter asked, scrambling eggs on the breakfast grill.

"Oh, that was mine. Blade made me a cup since I was frozen. But then I took a hot shower and sort of forgot about it, and then I went to bed," I said, skillfully avoiding all the bits in between.

The doorbell rang and my mom went to go answer it, before she came back a second later. "It's for you," she said to me.

I frowned and went to the door, wondering who it was.

Kyle standing on my doorstep.

"Yes?" I asked politely. I was still a bit mad at him, but he was also my best friend, so I couldn't just ignore him.

"Hey Kiana," he said, smiling weakly. He kicked at a bit of snow on the ground, looking awkward. "Can I...can I talk to you? Outside?"

I chewed my lip thoughtfully. We needed to talk about that kiss and he had made the effort to try to talk to me. I nodded and stepped outside, wrapping my arms around myself. It wasn't too cold, it was pretty nice actually. The sun was out and that kept me pretty warm. It only got nippy when the wind blew.

"So about the other day..." he started before he sighed. "Okay look, I'm an idiot. I was way out of line with kissing you and assuming you'd be single after all this time. I mean, jeez. Look at you. You're an amazing girl, any guy would be lucky to have you. I just hoped that maybe...I don't know.

"But you were right. I should be happy for you. And I am happy that you found someone. I had just really hoped that someday that someone would have been me. I'm not exactly jumping for joy, but if he makes you happy then I guess he's alright," he added, grumbling a little towards the end.