Chapter 61: Welcome

The door opened, revealing my mom. She looked me over with disinterest for a moment, before it seemed to register. Her mouth fell open in complete shock.

"Um...mom?" I questioned uncertainly.

"KIANA!" she shouted, yanking me into a super tight hug. "You're home!"

"Clearly!" I laughed, hugging her tightly.

"How did you get here?" she pulled away, looking me up and down, "Why didn't you call? Is everything okay? Are you okay? How are the boy issues going? You know I've been thinking about that a lot lately. And how about your nightmares? Did they go away or—"

"MOM." I said loudly. "Too many questions! You have almost all Christmas break to ask me questions. So just shut up now and hug me; I miss your hugs."

"You didn't miss me?" she pouted.

"Of course I missed you! Now hug me," I said firmly.

She gave me another tight hug and I saw Peter coming down the hall.

"Sandra what are you yelling about—?" his eyes fell on me and a wide smile stretched across his face. "Kiana!"

Peter was tall and thin, with glasses that he wore most of the time. His brown hair was always messy and he was usually always smiling. He was kind of a dork, but he was a cute dork and he was perfect for my mom.

"Hi Peter!" I grinned as my mom let me go. I gave him a big hug too. I saw my Mom's eyes widen and her mouth form the shape of an O as she looked behind me. Bond or no bond, just from her face I would have known Blade had just appeared behind me.

"Um...mom?" I said nervously as Blade put our bags down by the door. I wrapped an arm around him, "I have another surprise for you."

"Obviously," she said with the ghost sarcasm. She was still too surprised I think.

"So uh...mom this is Blade. My boyfriend," I said, "Blade this is my mom and Peter."

"Boyfriend?" she echoed, looking him up and down, eyes narrowed as she studied him. She tapped her finger against her chin thoughtfully while Peter held a hand out.

"It's nice to meet you," he said politely. Blade shook his hand.

"Same here," his replied, eyes flicking to me, eyebrows arched in question.

"Mom?" I asked, stepping towards her.

She continued to look at Blade, lips pursed in thought before her face cracked into a wide smile. "Nice to meet you! Welcome to the family!" she gave him a huge hug, and I think all three of us were surprised.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. 'Welcome to the family' isn't exactly what you want your parents to say to your new boyfriend. Even if your boyfriend is your master and can't leave you...well...he can but it'd be hard too.

"Oh relax honey," she said, letting Blade go to shut the door. "Now both of you take off your coats already. You don't have to stand in the doorway the whole time you know."

We shed our coats and boots, hanging them up on the hooks before we went inside. I looked around the house, feeling disappointed.

"Why didn't you decorate?" I asked her.

"It didn't feel right without you," she shrugged, "But you're back now so guess what we're doing tomorrow!"

"Good! Now where's Mazey?" I asked, searching around the house for my black and grey cat.

"Probably in your room; she still sleeps there," Peter replied, ruffling his messy brown hair. "Andrew's here too."

"Andrew? Oh my God! I've missed him so much." I exclaimed, grinning hugely. "Where is he?"