Chapter 52: Snowfall

"What?!" he exclaimed, "How did that even happen? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the guy but that's pretty soon considering you weren't even dating. You're like the last person I expected to do something like that."

"I was drunk." The red shoes Blade brought back to me caught my attention, neatly stacked by my bedside. I wanted to throw them off my balcony. "I don't know what happened."

"Please tell me you remember," he groaned, falling onto his back, his head in my lap.

I shook my head.

"How'd you know? He told you?" he asked, chewing his lip rings, the clinking sound of teeth against metal the only other sound besides my voice.

"I woke up naked with him beside me," I squeezed my eyes, "I was sore. And he apologized."

"How does that work? 'Sorry for taking advantage of you when you were drunk can we still be together'?" Mick made a face.

I let out a quiet laugh at his bluntness. "I guess it was kind of like that."

"Then what happened?" 

"I yelled at him and then I left." I pointed at the bathroom. "Half my morning was spent in there and the other half in bed."

"Vomiting?" 

I nodded. "Not fun."

"Well you don't seem too wrecked about it...at the moment anyways," Mick said, studying me with renewed concern.

"You didn't see me this morning. It wasn't a pretty sight." I combed my fingers through my still damp hair, grimacing as I remembered the very painful vomiting and sobbing combination I had been doing. My throat still ached, as did my stomach, from all the heaving.

"I can vouch for that," Aidan teased. I smiled and hit his arm playfully.

"So you haven't talked to him at all since the blow out this morning?" Mick asked carefully.

"And I don't plan on talking to him ever again."

"Not to burst your bubble, but you live together."

He was right of course. We lived together. That meant no matter what I'd be constantly running into him unless I kept a constant alert. Even so, I knew Blade. After being ignored for a certain period of time he'd seek me out. And he was million times faster and stronger than I am.

But if I stayed at school again...he'd still have to come find me or else we'd both go crazy and probably die sooner.

"Trust me, Mick. Living here is better than living at school."

Aidan nodded his agreement, but Mick did not look at all convinced by this seemingly backward logic.

"Don't ask. It's not something you'd want to know the answer too," Aidan said grimly.

"Um...okay then," he said uncertainly. "So if Blade tries to talk to you what are you going to do?"

"Ignore him."

"You can't ignore him forever," Aidan said, "Eventually you'll have to face him."

"Eventually," I agreed, "But that doesn't mean it has to be soon."

"Cutie, you have some serious issues with relationships."

"No really? I hadn't noticed." I rolled my eyes. I regretted it when it made my brain hurt. "But you guys should probably leave. I'm kind of ruining your day."

"But I miss you! At school I can never get you alone and I don't have any classes with you either," Mick said with a pout.

"Sorry, Mick. But for the record I think I'll be spending more time at school from now on." Anything to stay away from Blade as much as I could.