Chapter 63: Merry Christmas

Kiana POV

I grumbled under my breath the whole way out of my room, down the hall, to my mom's room. She had several dresses splayed out on her bed, on chairs, on the floor, on her dresser doors...

"Mom! What the hell did you do? It's like a tornado ran through here!"

She grabbed her hair tightly, pulling on it hard. "I know! But I got frustrated that I couldn't find anything to wear," 

"You have plenty to wear. If you had nothing to wear then there wouldn't be any dresses all over the room." I walked around, picking all the dresses up, putting them back on their hangers before setting them all out on her bed neatly. I went through them one at a time, handing her the ones that were more for summer than winter until we were left with three dresses that were possibilities.

"Here, try it on." I handed her a black dress before I sat on her bed next to the red one and the grey one.

She went into the bathroom to change, looking relieved. "You know Kiana," she called from the bathroom, "I really am okay with you and Blade going all the way."

"Gee thanks," I replied sarcastically.

"But I do worry if you're ready for it or not," she continued, ignoring my remark. "You are pretty young, and you shouldn't just give yourself away to any guy that comes along."

"Mom! I'm not just going to do it with any guy!" I exclaimed.

"I know you're not. What I'm saying is, I don't want you to think just because you're in love with Blade now it means you'll love him forever. Even if you guys had been together for years, you'll never know." She came out of the bathroom, black dress fitting like a glove. "I'm not saying never have sex unless you've been with the guy for years, but...I want you to do it with a guy you really care deeply for, and a guy who really does love you. It's supposed to be something between two people who care and respect each other." She sat down next to me, taking my hand. "Honey, I don't want you to feel pressured."

"I'm not pressured."

"Just the same, sometimes don't you wish you could just go all the way and not be afraid to? But once you get close to it you start to regret it, but you're too afraid to stop in case things get awkward?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I'm really comfortable with him, Mom. Honest. It'll happen when I'm ready. We both know to wait." I forced a smile at her, "That dress looks really good. I say not to bother with the other two and just stick with this one."

She shook her head at me for changing subject but stood and grinned. "It really is nice. I haven't worn it for a while too. Thanks."

"No problem." I jumped off her bed and headed for the door.

"Kiana?" I froze, hand on the door knob.

"Tonight, when we come back from the party we'll leave you alone. Just in case." she said wryly.

I flushed. "Er...thanks?" I said awkwardly before I left, heading straight back to my room. I crawled right back into Blade's arms, and suddenly I did feel pressured. I mean, being pressured by your mom is pretty bad. But saying she'd leave us alone, as if she knew something was going to happen...and just us making out...

Somehow I think tonight was going to be a real train wreck.

*********

"So we'll be home by around three. No leaving the house, no people are allowed over, if you get hungry there's money for pizza on the counter, call us if anything happens, please try to go to bed at an acceptable time," Mom tapped her finger against her chin thoughtfully, standing at the door before the party.