Chapter 25: Taking it Easy

BLADE POV 

So close. So fucking close. If only Lexi knew how to behave, I could have spent my afternoon doing something so much better. And if only my father had more interest in taking care of Lexi, instead of sharing an 'important' meal with Aros, I wouldn't have had to cut my day with Kiana short. 

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel as I sped through the winding dirt roads to find my idiot sister.

She was four hundred years old for fuck's sake, was she ever going to grow up? I wasn't always going to be around to clean up her messes. I may have had a rebellious streak myself, but after close to two hundred years I cut the crap and got over it, yet she was still going strong. Pranking everyone, being sloppy with feedings, out all night partying, pissing off so many people with her big mouth and attitude, she was a permanent thorn in my side. One of these days she was going to cross the line and end up in prison or worse and there wasn't going to be a damn thing anyone could do about it. 

She was lucky that Ace and I were longtime friends and that Aros found her charming for some reason, otherwise there was no way she would have lasted this long without a severe ass kicking or permanent punishment.

And of course, now it was getting in the way of me and Kiana. I could only imagine the blood bath it would be if the two of them were to meet, already Lexi found the situation oh so hilarious, that it was just what I deserved, to be stuck with a human who annoyed me to no end. Though she did offer to 'take my conduit off my hands' if I wanted. Apparently it was a little 'thank you' present for me bailing her out all these years, though in this case, it wouldn't be a gift, but a matter of time before I kicked her ass myself. Though I already had after she made the suggestion one too many times. 

Kiana might piss me off, but it wasn't her fault she was stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

But still, that girl had to be the most infuriating thing on the planet. Always making me think I had her before she pulled away and tricked me. My body certainly did not appreciate never getting to do what, or rather, who it wanted. Every time I saw her I was left more frustrated and pent up than ever. I hated how she could make me feel so fucking screwed up just by thinking about her. Even Mona, my off-again on-again girlfriend for the past hundred years or so, never confused me as badly as Kiana did.

Everything with Mona was clear, when she wanted me, how she wanted me, where she wanted me, if she even wanted me at all. We usually went through the same cycles; get together, have a little fun, then she would leave again for a job when we got too annoyed with each other. After a short while we'd get bored, then meet up again for another few rounds of romping before she took off again. It was something I was used to, and something I enjoyed thoroughly. Our open relationship was casual but dependable, as consistent as it was inconsistent.

But Kiana...there was no way to describe how she fucked me up. Mentally and physically. All her stupid little mind games and the stupid little things she does like playing with my hair and biting my neck, only to turn around and say she was proving a point, showing me she was in control and that I could never have her.

I hated to admit it but that girl was right. When it came to being in control, she could play me like a fucking fiddle if she teased me right. Talk about an ego bruiser. I was the master but she was the one calling all the shots. It wasn't even like I wanted to be her boyfriend. I didn't see what was so wrong with just enjoying the perks of attraction, but of course she didn't agree. 

When I told Ace about it, all he had to say on the matter was 'good for her' and then told me to grow up and be nice. Then laughed about it.

A familiar scent rushing through my open window caught my attention and I slammed on the brakes, car sliding sideways on the dirt road. I got out of my car and inhaled. Yup, definitely my sister's blood. Wonderful, they already started torturing her. That was just going to make this a whole lot harder.