Chapter 18

Anna, " Fifty minutes left."

Sebastian," Ok, lets go find Mary real quick."

She nodded and followed him towards the kitchen were Mary was packing up light food for them.

Mary, " Oh there you guys are! Here take this bag with you, I have packaged you some light food for the road. I won't be coming with you."

Anna," Wait, Why?"

Mary, " I was only here to give you a message Anna. I have fulfilled my part and now it's your turn to face yours. Goodbye my darling." She gave Anna a kiss on her cheek and disappeared into a small ball of light. Shedding a tear she hugged Sebastian and cried. He comforted her hugging back.

Sebastian, " It's okay Anna"

Pulling away form Sebastian a tear began falling from her cheek as he wiped it away with his thumb caressing her face. He leaned in and gave her a kiss.

Sebastian, " All will be fine but for now we need to get the others and start heading to the nearest town far from your uncles men.

Nodding they grabbed the bag and went to the back yard where all the men where gathered.

Skylar," We will be heading towards a safe house. Once there Dimitri and myself will gather a few items. An hour away from there we will catch a carriage towards the neighboring town of Margiold. Be prepared for anything. I will be ahead with Maximus and Dimitri will be behind Princess Annnabeth and Sebastian. Again beware of your surroundings."

Dimitri," Maximus can you lead the way?

Max, " Sure, I have a secret passage we can take only I know how to open it."

Annabeth put on her bag and carried the bag of food when Dimitri offered to carry it himself.

Dimitri, "May I?"

Anna, "Sure"

Max moved towards a patch of green shrubs as he twisted the shrub to reveal a set of stairs leading down. Putting on his backpack, Sebastian followed Max into the passage. Once everyone was down in the passage, Dimitri closed it.

Max," There's a pad Lock on there make sure to insert the digits 02984. So that the passage is closed from that end."

Following Max's orders, Dimitri inserted the numbers into the pad lock as it locked and a few dimmed lights turned on.

Skylar, " Let's go quickly, the wards will be off in about thirty five minutes. By that time the men will be near."

With that all of them quickly made their way towards the passage Sebastian making sure to insert the number and closing the latch behing them. Taking Anna's hand holding it in his as they walked further  down the passage.They heard sounds of men heading towards the mansion and the clinging of guards fighting back. The more they walked the less they heard the sounds. After what seemed like forever another ladder was seen in the distance.

Skylar, " Ok, Everyone watch your step. I'll go first and make sure all is clear."

 Climbing up the ladder and remembering the code from earlier, he punched in the digits as the latch unlocked. Pushing the latch up he climbed out. About five minutes later he came back,

Skylar, " All clear, you can come up now."

All of them went up the ladder as plenty of trees and bushes surrounded them.

Max, " This way."  

They kept following Max and Skylar through the woods. What seemed like they had been walking for hours when they came to a stop. A small cottage house was spotted in between a formation of trees. Just then a rustling was heard, three men approached them and began throwing knives as they approached the group. Anna took cover as she dodged the knives coming at her. Dimitri and Skylar began to attackthem as Sebastian took her arm.