Chapter 31

Anna, " This hairstyle is stunning! Thank you Maylie. "

Maylie, You are very welcome! Let's head down to train there are some people waiting for you."

...

They headed down towards a corridor passing by staff for the castle. Going down and into a familiar hallway, they neared the famous training room where the fight she previously took part in took place. 

Maylie, "Here we are, I'll leave you to training you're highness. Have a great day".

Anna, " Thank you, and again, call me Anna it's alright."

Maylie, " I'll be sure to do so."

Maylie left the premises as she went to fend for her palace duties. Leaving Anna alone in the hallway, she could see the sun starting to rise somewhere in the distance. Opening the training doors and heading inside she was created by Sebastian. He happened to be preoccupied with some training gear. He was holding a sword of some sort angling it and inspecting it. Noticing her presence he looked her way and smiled.

Sebastian, " Ready to train? Today I'll be teaching you about swords, some basics if you will."
He stepped closer to her grabbing another sword off of a stand. As he did so a surge of energy was seen as he held it.

Anna, " Woah, what was that?"

Sebastian, " Some swords like this one are made specifically for people like me and you. People in high positions, it is no different than any other sword but that it coordinates its movements with that of your magical properties. I have a feeling that it should act differently with you."

Anna, " Yeah, and I don't doubt it"

Sebastian grabbed another sword, this one had an intricate handle made of gold, it had gears with colored stones and a nice steel body. Handing it to her, accepting the sword with her right hand, the magical bracelet decided to crawl onto the sword where her hand met the hilt.

Sebastian, " I guess I picked right, the sword was once used by your great Aunt Amélie in battle. Give it a swing and see how it feels in your hand."

Waving the beautiful sword around the space an intuitive guess led her to glide it through the air. It sliced the air like butter and it felt light on her hand. Picking up the sword he had next to him he began to charge at Anna with his sword. She smiled reminiscing on the earlier days when she had just found out about her gifts and had started training. Hitting him back with a strike and turning around to hit his counter strike.  He tried to swipe the sword to her left when her sword guided her to hit back as she moved closer to him. She locked eyes with him for a second before pushing her sword against his. The magic within her sword ignited as he was pushed backward not before moving to his side ducking and swiping  Anna's legs.  She fell to the ground with a thud as she almost did not get up. Her sword lose between her fingers as Sebastian chose physical combat instead. Knowing him she got up as fast as she could, placing the sword beside one of the holders before he could do anything else. Approaching him on the other side of the armory she stood in a fighting stance as he moved closer to her. Taking her leg and wrapping it around him as he rolled out of her way and pinned her against the floor. 

Sebastian, " Common, You can do better, Princess."  he smirked at her.

Anna smiled until she remembered to kick, block, and move his leg out of her way. Making her way on top of him and getting up from the floor, now standing up. Once up he tried hitting her when she blocked his hit with her arms swiping him under his legs as he fell. Once on the floor, he locked his legs with her, forcing her to fall as well. On the floor, she moved towards him tackling him just as he flipped her around. She managed to grip her legs around him as she tried to thigh grip Sebastian until he tapped on the floor signaling she had successfully got him. Removing her grip on him they both sat on the floor as both caught their breath.

Anna, " Got you" smirking back at him.

Sebastian, " You have certainly improved since we last trained. The sword is definitely your strong suit for sure along with your abilities. You will have to incorporate them more into your fighting although you are very good at what we have done, I know you won't have any issues if you ever get tired from using your gifts alone. "

She sprung a vine from under him pinning his arm to the ground.

Anna, " Like this?" she challenged

He used his own gifts against her when she counter blocked him pushing him back as the vine snapped and he moved away from her. He charged at her using his own powers against her as her arm ignited into the color purple when her bracelet turned into a whip, whipping at Sebastian as he dodged her attacks. He threw a blue orb at her as she was struck back by his hit. Retracting her whip into her cuff a yellow light signaled her whip had transformed into a cuff. She switched into a dark red electric orb which missed another hit Sebastian was trying to hit her with. Sebastian moved closer to her as he hit her with another hit of his dark blue light, Anna was quick to move away from it and strike him with a smaller blue orb and wrapping his body in vines.  Once he was engulfed in vines, she moved closer to him.

Anna, " Gotcha" she smiled at him as he caught his breath.

Sebastian, " You did great."

The two continued like this for a few weeks until he was certain she was capable of defending herself.

Two weeks later Anna and Sebastian were walking the castle, she had a purple flowy dress as Sebastian was dressed in his usual black shirt jeans, and boots. He always carried his sword with him. Anna had also learned to use a dagger and how to carry one discretely while training with Sebastian for a couple of weeks. They had grown closer the more they trained and had even challenged other soldiers to fight with them when training, Anna developed her own technique when fighting which consisted of a mix of her powers, especially new ones as well which she had learned she gained over time.

Sebastian, " Come with me" he smiled at her

She smiled back at him.

Going down a flight of stairs he found a ledge on which he placed her. He placed a hand on her cheek as he stared into her beautiful brown eyes. He leaned into her face as he softly kissed her lips, kissing him back she placed her arms around his shoulders pulling him closer to her.

Then all of a sudden a big crash was heard.

*CRaSH!*

Anna, " What was that?!"

Sebastian," Not sure but it did not sound any great!"

All you could see were Majestinian's running up the stairs with weapons as the ledge gave way to the view of many using their powers to keep whoever was there away in the castle grounds. A red alarm sounded as the castle's calm ambiance turned into a frightening frenzy of red everywhere.

Anna," What does that mean Sebastian?! What is going on, it does not sound any good, Why is that alarm going off?"

Sebastian knew exactly what that meant, he looked at her with panic. Taking her off the ledge as fast as he could, he grabbed her hand tightly and withdrew his sword.

Sebastian," Someone has trespassed into the castle walls, that alarm means danger and right now we have to get you to safety. You're this kingdom's only hope. "

This only made her even more frightened at what would happen, all she could depend on right now is her training and abilities.

To Be Continued...

Book 2 Will be coming soon. Please let me know you are enjoying the book by voting and commenting on your opinions. Follow me on Instagram at annelsalvatore1 for updates, Much love! Annel xoxo