chapter seventeen

PETER'S POV

I woke up in a hospital, with a throbbing pain in my head.

"Bud, you're awake!" Dad and Pops rushed to my side, tears streaming down their cheeks. "We're so sorry."

"Peter, I promise you everything's going to change. Everything's going to be alright." Dad squeezed me tight, never wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you."

"It's okay, Peter." I noticed Dad had stopped calling me Pete, which was strange cause he'd been calling me that all my life.

"Dad, why don't you call me Pete anymore?" Then I remembered.

"Well, you told me you didn't like it." I was such an awful son.

"No, no Dad I'm so sorry. I love it. I miss it." I realized all this time, they did all this because they loved me. I really was the luckiest kid in the world.

"I love you, guys."

...

After I recovered, it was time to go home. But there was one small problem. Stark Tower was destroyed. "Where will we go now?"

"I'm working on a new facility upstate, but for now, we'll just have to stay in a hotel I guess."

I didn't care. I had never been so happy before. We were finally the happy, superhero family I had always dreamed of being.

"You know kid I think it's time we add a new asset to our team," Pops smirked at me.

"You mean it?"

"Welcome to the team, Pete."