chapter ten

PETER'S POV

I woke up back in my own bed. I looked at the clock. 11:00. I was late for school. Why didn't they wake me up? Then I remember what happened last night.

I anxiously crept downstairs. "Pops? Dad?" They were sitting on the couch, under a blanket, watching the news. "Morning, bud."

"Why didn't you wake me up? I'm late!" Pops smiled, and motioned me to come sit. "After everything that has happened in these last few days, Dad and I thought it would be good if you just took the day off."

I gave them a big hug. "Thanks, guys. I love you." Pops pulled away and gave me "the look."

"Peter, I think we need to talk." Oh, no.

"Are you gonna tell us what happened at the party?"

"Um, I'm not sure if I'm ready to talk about this."

Dad put his hand on my shoulder, "Peter, you can tell us anything, okay?"

Really, Dad? Can I tell you that I was beat up cause everyone thinks I'm a weak, gay fag? I thought to myself. Can I tell you that this is all your fault?

"I, um, got into another fight," I lied.

"Peter? What's going on? This isn't like you." I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry."

TONY'S POV

I didn't know what was going on with him, but I could tell he didn't want to talk anymore. "It's okay, Peter. Well, today Pops and I have some work to do, so just stay out of trouble, okay?"

"Okay, Dad."

...

There had been some suspicious activity in the city those last few days. There was talk about a new villain using supernatural weapons.

I mean, it was nothing the Avengers couldn't handle. But, I didn't want to start an unnecessary fight. To my mistake, I let it slide.

PETER'S POV

Since Dad and Pops would be busy all day, I knew this was my chance to get some spiderman action in.

I put on my suit and slipped out the window.