chapter eight

TONY'S POV

"Oh my God, Peter, are you okay? Why are you crying? Where are you?"

"I d-don't know b-but y-you need to c-come get me." I had never heard him so upset. It broke my heart. "Okay, I'm gonna track your phone, but I need to hang up to do that, okay?"

I heard his loud sobs through the phone. "O-okay, D-dad." I hung up and frantically searched his location. He was only about a mile away. "Steve I'm going to get Peter! I'll be back."

I felt my phone buzz.

Pete: dad please hurry

I had never drove so fast in my life.

I stopped the car and found my boy on the side of the road, bruised and bloody. "Peter," I said, as I began to cry. I jumped out of the car and picked him up in my arms.

"What did they do to you?" He was shaking, and holding onto me real tight. He didn't answer, just continued to loudly sob.

I picked him up and helped him into the car. "T-thanks, D-dad."

...

"Oh my God, what happened?" Steve asked, as I carried Peter into the room. "We're gonna talk about it tomorrow, okay? He just wants to get to bed."

I began to walk up the stairs, when Peter chocked on his words, "D-dad wait. C-can I stay w-with you and P-pops tonight?"

"Of course you can, bud."

I laid him down in the middle of Steve and I. He continued to shake the whole night and never let go of my hand.