chapter sixteen

TONY'S POV

It all happened so fast. The man pulled the trigger, and I shut my eyes. Goodbye Steve. Goodbye Peter.

But no, this wasn't the end. Spiderman had jumped in front of me, taking the hit. Why would he do this?

In all the chaos, the man thought he had killed me, so he was gone. Steve was able to break free and helped me up.

We looked to spiderman, who was bleeding. Bad.

I kneeled by his side. "W-why would you do that?" He didn't answer. "Kid?"

"I-i had t-to." I knew that voice anywhere.

"Peter?"

I pulled off the mask to reveal the face of my son.

PETER'S POV

This was it. The big reveal. Dad and Pops pulled me into a big hug and we all began to cry.

"P-peter, why wouldn't you tell us?" Dad could barely speak.

"I was a-afraid you would b-be mad."

"We would never be mad at you, Peter." Tears streamed down Pop's dirty face.

"I was just sick of everyone comparing me to you guys all the time. Everywhere I go people expect me to be as smart as you, or as brave as you. And, I'm not. But being spiderman has given me a chance to prove myself."

"Peter, you've always been a superhero in our eyes. We love you no matter what. We couldn't have asked for a better kid."

In that moment I remembered I had a bullet in my stomach. The pain was intensifying and everything was going dark.

"Peter, stay with me."

i think this story is coming to an end soon :((