Chapter 13~The Dreamcatcher

Silence broke out in the room, an air of uncertainty filled me. Was Damon different? If he was just like the rest it shouldn't affect me, should it?

"It doesn't matter about me Mira, time would tell by itself" Damon spoke darkly as butterflies fill my stomach after he said my name.

"Why? it doesn't even matter Damon" I emphasise his name using the same tone he did.

From my peripheral vision I saw Carlisle looking amused I heard him chuckle slightly as Damon and I argued back and forth. Ayslin, however, was buried inside the Symbolius book, while Derekell was taking a nap, Damon ended the conversation just as Ayslin yelled out.

"Found it!" she appeared relieved, as Carlisle hurried by her side.

"The Symbolius says that the symbol Miranda has is a Dreamcatcher" diverting from Damon's gaze I glared at her furrowing my eyebrows.

"What's a Dreamcatcher" Ayslin butted in, asking Carlisle the same question I had in mind.

"It has an association with the witches doesn't it Carlisle," Ayslin asked him just as curious as I, Carlisle took a deep sigh, nodding indifferently before he spoke.

"Centuries ago witches of the first order could locate any significant person using a Dreamcatcher, it is sent out in a dream, stating their future faith and leaves behind a symbol to later locate them" he finished off settling on the opposite white couch.

"Mira.." Ayslin whispered at me as I glared off into space, I was scared I couldn't lie about that I knew that the Brothers were after me so they could kill me and end all humanity, but why me, it was ironic because I knew the answer I was the destined mortal, it was my fate and I knew from this moment my life just took a switch into the supernatural.

Mira give me your hand" Ayslin spoke steadily, I asked why but she shushed me, as she grabbed my hand unto hers closing her eyes, she began muttering in strange words, the words were similar to the one she spoke by the door.

Suddenly a sharp pain pierced my head "AHHH!" I cried out in pain, it rushed through my temple causing it to throb as though knives were intruding my head. Damon rushed to my side as quick as ever, he gave Carlisle a look who replied with a nod, at that moment I felt his hands run softly through my hair. Clenching my jaws in efforts to not scream, I felt the pain dim gradually, Ayslin's eyes were bright as ever as she continued muttering in the strange language her lips barely moving, her blue eyes turning amber like Carlisle.

Ayslin began to relax, her eyes turning to her warm shade of blue, her face became flushed red strings of sweat dripping from her forehead, the pain eased and Ayslin was breathing heavily.

"What did you see" Carlisle muttered as Ayslin had recovered from her chant.

"The Brothers.." she breathed heavily as she struggled to stay still.

"Calm down and speak Ayslin" he reassured her, his hands now on her back.

"We need to hurry, Carlisle the Brothers will be here in a week time if we continue staying Mira's faith will be...death" she choked out the last part, squeezing her eyes shut in pain.

I gasp as she said the last words, glaring up at Carlisle tears filled my face, I tried so impeccably hard to hold it in, but they rushed out, I glared down at my shaky fingers, I was too embarrassed to look up, I was never emotional, my life was hard enough for me to toughen up but I couldn't digest this all in.

"Mira?" look at me Damon said swiftly grabbing my face in his hands forcing me to look at me, my teary eyes clouded up at his sight.

"You were destined for greatness Mira, don't worry we have all lived this far to protect you," a different voice spoke, glancing behind me Derekell was reassuring me with the same expression as everyone in the room, worry.

"Nobody I know would best fit the part as the Destined Mortal other than you" Damon reassured me "Yeah Mira" Ayslin added in support.

Carlisle laid a hand on my cheek" such an innocent soul you are, truly you're essence surprises me, through your hardship you remain uncorrupted, it's beautiful".

Carlisle spoke pensively as he caressed my cheeks, a small smile crept upon my lips warmth filled all around me touching my heart, a strange feeling emerged comforting me making me feel better.

"Thank you Carlisle" I replied softly not sure how to respond to his beautiful words, beauty was something that wasn't there when I grew up, everything was cold and bitter the feeling brought out a different side of me I never knew I had.

"What is the goal Ayslin," I asked as I wiped all the tears from my eyes toughening up slightly.

Ayslin gave Derekell a look who was glaring intently at me.

"I must contact two important witches, they have been around for centuries and I believe they could help us" she spoke smugly glaring at Carlisle

"We have a week to leave this place were going to sector 1 in Seattle, what do you think Carlisle," she spoke awaiting his response.

"As long as we get Miranda safe, it's all fine by me" A small blush rose my cheeks of how compassionate Carlisle was.

"And during that time, we will see if Constantine and Rosalie can rid the symbol, or at least help us"

Ayslin replied reassuring me once more.All was well, Damon and Derekell were speaking and Ayslin scanned the Symbolius book carefully, but Carlisle's eyes remained on hers.

"Miranda" he spoke loudly pausing all conversation between Damon and Derekell who looked at Carlisle and Ayslin eyes slowly lingered to him. There was an awkward pause in the air.

"What do you last remember about your father?"