Chapter 16~ Constantine & Rosalie

Please take the time to press the vote button for this chapter and add to your library for further update, thanks!

*Miranda's mom up top*

*******************

The room was silent as I stepped out, in the corner I saw Carlisle smiling at me with the most important female in my life, my Mom, she ran towards me as she embraced me in her warmth.

"I miss you, Mom," I said in her hair as she rubbed my head against her chest.

"Sweetheart," she murmured in my ear.

"I love you with all my heart, there's so much you don't yet understand and am here to make it work," she said gripping me tighter.

Inhaling her sweet smell I stepped back and stepped towards our guest, the man had dark hair and his skin was a radiant chocolate brown, his eyes were unusually red while he was dressed plain and casual in dark jeans and a blue cashmere sweater.

"Ahh! the lady of the hour, it is a pleasure to meet you, Miranda, I am Constantine" his voice echoed through the living room as he introduced himself with his arms stretched to shake mine. I noticed his voice left a baritone trail of a South African accent, which make me smile.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled gently with my hand in his, his hands were firm and strong as they gripped onto mine

"Ahh! Carlisle, you were right such a gentle soul."Constantine said in awe while Carlisle was busy looking at my mother he gave a slight smile in return.

As Constantine stepped back a small lady with pale skin, similar to mine stepped out, she had a short black pixie hair that framed her small face, while her eyes were the same as Constantine.

"So this is her" she spoke loudly grabbing everyone's attention as she spoke, she leaned in to give me a kiss on both cheeks.

"I have been waiting for your arrival for decades" she smiled warmly at me, a bit taken back I awkwardly muttered.

"Thanks," I said muttering the first thing I thought, everyone in the room broke out into laughter, blushing intensely, I saw Damon give me a quick wink, which made my heart flutter slightly, but I regained my posture.

"Back to serious matters'' Ayslin butted in.

"We have less than a week to figure this out, I told you Con and Rose before your arrival" she spoke in a tone of seriousness,

"Yes of course" Constantine spoke quickly.

"Miranda can I have your hand please," he said gently as he picked my hand to meet his, he must have must have sensed my confusion as I placed it on his.

"The destined mortal has a unique power granted to them, that's the easy part, however determining what it is, is the opposite," He spoke slightly hesitantly until Carlisle stepped in.

"Constantine, the training would come later, at this moment we are seeking answers," he said matter-of-factly waiting for my mother's reply.

"I know what you're all thinking, I tried so hard to shield her away from this world, it was too dangerous I thought the longer she stayed with me the safer she would be."

My mother's eyes got weary as they filled with tears "she doesn't even know who Joseph is" Ayslin said softly urging my mother to continue.

It pained me to see my mother cry but I had to know the truth, as she took a seat on the white couch she sighed slowly.

"Joseph left before she was born he told me to take care of her and guard her safely, he said some people were after him, of course, I know about the Brothers too, so I did my part but I didn't want her to ever question her father so at that time I had a more recent customer who I told was her father he did not have the greatest influence on us but I had to do something...-" she choked on her own words while tears cascaded down her face.