Chapter 19~The Training

A/N: Hey guys! look whose back I know I have not updated for three months but so much has been going on, moving to a different state, getting used to my school, studying for midterms and keeping my grades high are so challenging, so I decided to update a larger chapter as my version of an apology for taking so long.

I appreciate all your kind words, and encouragement to continue The Destined Mortal in my inbox, remember to comment, vote and tell me what you think!

The feeling of being awake dawned to me while at the same time I was stuck in the depth of sleep, I felt euphoric and calm, my mind was floaty and free in an endless zone of relaxation.

What is happening to me?

"Miranda" I heard a serene voice speak it sounded so similar to my own, already acquainted with the voice I knew who it was.

"Mirandus?" I said confusingly.

What did she want?

The surroundings suddenly turned dark and solemn, clouds were gray as though a thunderstorm was occurring in my mind.

"I've visited your father in the underworld.." she began slightly hesitant, worry evident on her face, my ears perked up.

"What happened? What did you see?" I said in a rush curious to what she might show me. The atmosphere changed once again, I was now standing in a tall golden framed mirror with clouds surrounding the outer edges, Mirandus was my reflection.

"He's in danger Miranda, he's trapped in the Underworld and Lucien is using him to trace you, you really need to hurry," she said softly glaring at me through the mirror, her reflection expressed worry through her bright violet eyes, she or perhaps I looked...scared.

Inhaling deeply I nodded at her "I will tell Carlisle and the others" I said reassuringly, she gave me a small smile in appreciation, but at frowned came on her face, she was not content with my statement.

"Give me your hand, I will show you, instead," she said quickly as though time was running out. She grabbed my hand through the mirror and held on to it tight.

"Where are we going?" I asked, surprised by the grip her hands held on to mine. However, she ignored me as we continued stepping upon the clouds. Suddenly the atmosphere once more was dark and dense, fear crept up in me as the clouds began to strike thunder.

"Don't be scared, we are just entering the Underworld," she said navigating her way through with my hand.

Underworld? How wonderful

I thought to myself sarcastically, after taking that jump into the supernatural world nothing came as a surprise to me any longer, being the Destined Mortal already prepared me for the worst. Looking ahead the thunder began to fade slightly, the gray clouds were slowly starting to disappear.

As the tension in the air was settling down, we were now standing upon a hill of clouds above us, she pointed down "look right there" as I followed her gaze a slightly lit view appeared. A candle hanged at the side, a man with messy curly brown hair laid undisturbed, he looked disheveled and eyes showed misery and lack of sleep.

But glaring closer studying the man there was just one detail in his features that made me take a quick gasp, his eyes were purple though they were full and bright they lacked the radiance that was apparent in mine. His body shifted uncomfortably as he glared in the air with suspicion.

"Dad," I said quietly my innermost emotions bombarding my thoughts, I didn't know whether to feel sad, upset or happy for his torture but what I felt inside was unlike anything I've felt ever before.