Gettin Off Scott Free

It took a few minutes for us to hail a cab and it was confirmed that Scott was staying over at Daphne's.  I knew not to invest too much in Daphne’s relationship’s but I was hoping that she and Scott would get together.  As I finally pushed them both into the cab I tried pulling the door shut.  When I met resistance I looked back and saw Mark climbing in behind me.  He had on a huge grin.  "I thought since you were going my way we might as well share a cab."  He said it to no one particular because Daphne and Scott were still completely entangled.

As Daph was peppering Scott's neck with kisses, he pushed his hand towards Mark and introduced himself.  "Hi, I'm Scott.  I'm a good friend of Daphne's."

Mark accepted his hand.  His grin turned wicked and he said, "Hi, I'm Mark.  I'm a good friend of Lennie's."  Luckily Daphne was too involved in what she was doing to understand his implications.

Daphne gave Scott a nipple twister.  "I'll show you a good friend."  And with that it practically turned x rated.  When we got to Daph's apartment she and Scott crawled out of the cab.  Scott turned to Mark, "will you make sure Len gets home okay?"  He attempted to reach for his wallet, but before Scott could fish it from his pocket, Daphne pulled him towards her stoop.

Mark closed the cab door and yelled out the window.  "Will do.  And don't worry I got it boss."  I was relieved that Daphne had been too drunk and preoccupied to figure out that Mark was coming home with me.  Before the cab pulled away from the curb I saw Daphne's head pop back out and wag her finger at me.  I knew that I had been caught.

The drive from Daphne’s stoop to mine is barely a block and Mark turned to me quickly.  "You have five seconds to decide if you are inviting me up tonight."

"If I say no will you go back to Kiera?"  I joked...well kind of.

He looked hurt.  "No.  I'll just go home, alone.  In the dark."  He made a puppy dog face.  I wanted to say yes but I was worried about running into Vinnie.

I sighed and let my drunk irrational self make up my mind.  "Fine, you can come up."

Mark gave me another wicked grin.  "Don't sound too happy about it."

By the time I made my decision the cab had come to a stop outside my apartment.  We climbed out of the cab and Mark paid the driver.   We walked up to the door and I fumbled for the keys.  The front door automatically locks after midnight.  This is the city that never sleeps so if you are in my building and want a late night booty call you have to walk down the steps to unlock the front door.  You can’t even buzz them in after midnight.  Luckily for me I was never a booty call kind of girl.