Too Many Boys, Too Little Sleep

It wasn't a passionate kiss filled with want and lust, but it was still a great kiss.  It still made my knees weak and my stomach do flips.  When it ended I didn't know what to do except leave his apartment as soon as possible.  "Uh I got to go.  I don't want to be late for work!"  I didn't even go into my apartment.  I just started walking right to Daphne's.  My mind was racing.

I had to just keep telling myself he was drunk.  He told me he loved me.  He kissed me right after talking to me about his dead wife.  I couldn't say anything to anybody.  I will never speak of this again.  He didn't mean it.  He is probably embarrassed that it happened and regretting it already.  If I don't talk about it, then it is like it never happened.  I pressed the buzzer in the front of Daphne's building and I was buzzed in.  I walked the three floors to her door, trying to get the feeling of Vince leaning into me off of my body.  She opened the door only after two knocks, before she could even say hello the words just spilled out of me.  "I kissed Vinnie."

"Damn girl.  If you got him to finally kiss you looking like that, imagine what you could get if you were wearing something slutty."  Typical Daphne response.  "When did this happen?"

I threw myself on her couch.  "Like five minutes ago."

"Well then why are you here?  You have like an hour before we have to leave for work?  Do you know what kind of damage you can do to each other in an hour?"  Daphne was wiggling her eyebrows.

"Everything is not about sex Daph.  I am serious.  What am I going to do?"  I sighed.

She sat down next to me on the couch and she got serious.  "Well what do you want to do?  Do you want to be with Vinnie?"

I thought about Mark.  I really liked Mark.  With Mark it was easy.  No added pressure.  If it didn't work out then life goes on.  "If I could know for sure there was a happily ever after then I would want Vinnie.  I mean Tori would be like my daughter.  I love her and we both know what it's like to lose a mother."  My head was beginning to hurt from the stress of the situation and lack of sleep.

"Can I ask you something?  And I am being serious so don't get offended."  Daphne is never serious so I braced myself for whatever it is she was going to say.  Besides usually when someone tells you not to be offended you know they are about to say something offensive.  I nodded.  "Do you think that maybe you don't really have feelings for Vinnie.  Do you think that maybe you just really love Tori?  That you are trying to convince yourself that you have feelings for Vin?"

I didn't have a smartass answer as usual and I think that concerned Daphne.  I can't deny though the fact that it was a valid question.  "Never mind, Len, forget I said anything.  It was a stupid question.  I didn't mean it."