Chapter 46: Nico in Divination

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Percy called out as Nico left the Gryffindor Tower.

It hadn't been that long since the eventful night in which the Son of Hades has arrived, and all seemed unusual quiet. After a while of Annabeth filling him in, some convincing on her own part that he should stay, and literally tackling him so he couldn't escape, Nico was forced to join in on the quest.

Of course, he knew himself that it was only a matter of time, but it sucked.

Today was the first day of Nico actually taking classes to top it all off, because apparently he had to go to *momentary pause for the Son of Hades to roll his eyes in disgust* school.

The least he could do was prove his cousin wrong by saying he was tough enough to go to a class that even the Son of Poseidon dare not enter ever again...

Divination with Professor Trelawney.

Nico reflected on the past couple weeks whilst following Harry and Hermione up the stairs towards the Divination Tower. Ron was nowhere in sight. Ever since... that night... he hadn't been talking to any of the americans or Hermione.

At least Harry was still able to tolerate them, but afterwards, it was merely politeness and formalities between them. Nico wasn't even sure how it was with Hermione, because she barely managed to mumble a single word other than schoolwork. For the past couple days, she even attempted to do all of Harry's essays for him, in hopes to finally make amends.

But... it didn't seem to work. The demigods were really in a tight spot. And in some sick, twisted way, Nico blamed himself. If it weren't for his stupid plan of finding Crouch, then maybe he wouldn't have gotten the others into the mess... it could've still been somewhat normal.

When he had said that to Thalia the other day however, she slapped him upside the head. "It was bound to happen, Death-Boy! Don't you dare go beating yourself up about it!"

He could practically hear her screams, just as he had recalled them, as he swung open the door.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I've been thinking..."

Thalia scoffed, "Percy... thinking? Is that even possible?"

The Son of Poseidon had the nerve to stick his tongue out at her, from the opposite side of the table in the Hogwarts Library.

Annabeth, the one who had dragged them to the library in the first place, lowered her book Professor Flitwick had recommended, "What is it, Percy?"

"Well, you know the prophecy, right?"

The other two nodded, as Thalia also added in an extremely helpful 'Well, duh!'

"Well, the 'goblet's hilt'... in the last line? What if it's like the goblet of fire in the beginning of the year?"

"Maybe... did it even have a handle?" Annabeth frowned, "Gods, it felt so long ago..."

Thalia nodded, "Yeah, only a few more months... and maybe we can head home."

The three demigods took a moment of silence, all wistfully swept away in the dream of returning back from their quest. Home, they'd thought. Of course it may have been different for each of them, but it is something which they had all sorely missed.

"Anyways, what do you guys think?" Percy snapped out of his thoughts hesitantly.

Annabeth frowned, "I don't know... It seems like a possibility...