Chapter 45: Nico meets the Gryffindors

"What?" For a split second, Harry seriously questioned the three's sanity.

Annabeth grumbled, "The Greek pantheon is real. All of it. Including demigods... which is what we are."

At perfect time, Percy's stomach growled exceptionally loud, "Tell you what, let's talk about this later... After dinner, let's say... 9:30? Besides...

Ron and Hermione will probably want to join in on the conversation too."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thalia slumped into one of the chairs in the Gryffindor common room. After losing to Ron during chess for the third time, she wasn't in the mood for anymore "wizardy" games.

She wasn't in the mood for anything at all, actually... Percy and Annabeth said that they were going to be back at least 20 minutes ago, and she was starting to get worried.

'Percy, you better not have done anything stupid. Or I swear to gods I'm gonna kill you,' she murmured beneath her breath, while folding her arms.

Just then did the Fat Lady portrait swing open, and she whirled around to see who it was. Ron seemed quite curious too, and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at the sight.

Thalia practically screamed, "Oh come on!

I left you alone for less than an hour... and this happens?"

________________________________________________________________________________

"Nice to see you too," the stranger replied sarcastically. Ron continued to stare; puzzled. He'd never seen this person in the common room before... He had a grey cloak folded up in a messy bundle in his arms, but otherwise, wore muggle clothing. No Gryffindor robes, which was very odd. His face was exceptionally pale, and had mangy black hair. And that's when Ron noticed the other 3 walking beside him. Unlike the stranger, he knew exactly who they were.

Percy, Annabeth, and Harry.

"Who's this?" he stood up and walked towards them, "You're not a Gryffindor..."

"No, he's a Nico," Percy muttered softly.

Percy quickly was rewarded with the stranger, supposedly Nico, stomping his foot down on the floor and crushing son of Poseidon's toes.

Harry shook his head, looking quite riled up about something, "I still can't believe Hermione didn't tell us!"

Thalia's eyes grew almost as wide as Dobby's, and then she craned her neck to stare back towards Percy and Annabeth, "You didn't!"

Percy and Annabeth nodded in reply, but Percy additionally added in 'It's his fault,' while pointing towards Nico who was standing besides them.

"Do what? What happened?" Ron's head darted back and forth, first looking at Thalia who stood next to him, and the huddle of people by the Fat Lady's portrait,

"What's this got to do with Hermione, anyway?"

________________________________________________________________________________

It was almost 9 o'clock when the two Gryffindor boys finally found Hermione sitting in one of the corners of the Hogwarts Library. And without saying a word, Harry furiously tapped her on the shoulder until he had her attention.

"How long have you been up here?"

Hermione sighed, "I was waiting for dinner, and for you to get back, but then I got... distracted," she gestured to the pile of 8 books sitting besides her, "What are you so upset about?"