Chapter 4: An Unexpected Hello from Hecate

"Hey. Thals," Percy fidgeted in his chair, poking her from across the aisle, "Comfortable?"

"You better be bothering me for a reason, I just fell asleep..." she groaned, as the plane jerked slightly from turbulence. Her face paled, as she turned away from the window, glaring straight towards him. As much as she tried to resist, she felt sick to her stomach. Just don't look outside... 

Get distracted, why is it a problem to think of something else? she thought to herself, tightly closing her eyes shut for a moment, before Percy replied, "Chiron said you're here for a different reason than us. What is it?"

"You guys are weird,.." a 6 year old grumbled, defiantly glaring towards Thalia (who sat beside her).

"Did anyone teach you manners? You are interrupting," Thalia spat, her voice practically oozing with irritation. She made the wrong choice of looking out the window, and before her face turned completely green, glared back towards Percy.

Percy barely managed to spy the 6 year old's hair from behind Thalia, but it seemed her comment successfully shut her up.

"The hunters have been tracking down a certain dragon."

"A drakon? Another one?" he nearly stumbled out of his chair. Bracing himself over the wobbly tray unfolded in front of him.

Thalia shook her head, which just made her more nauseous, "No! A dragon, it's been causing a lot of problems recently in Europe... It literally ate one of our hunters..."

Percy gulped, "So this has something to do with the school we're going to?"

Thalia nodded, "Yes. It's dangerous,... and if the wizards don't know what they're doing, then it will end pretty badly. Like, someone insulted Aphrodite's hair bad."

The 6 year old gave them one last venomous glare, before using her grubby child fingers to play a game on her tablet. Gosh, spoiled much?

Annabeth groggily rubbed her eyes as she leaned forward, still sleepy, "They're suppose to have an international competition of some sort this year. What if the dragon's part of it?"

Thalia leaned her head forward over the aisle, and in barely a whisper, muttered, "Then the wizards are insane...

 That thing is a monster."

________________________________________________________________________________

Annabeth always hated long lines, but she had to say, the lines to leave the airport were just plain chaos. Her grip on the passports tightened (yes, she held all three of their passports), getting more and more agitated the longer they waited.

Want to see an angry Annabeth? Put her in an hour long line with two ADHD demigods.

Luckily, they got off the subway only a few blocks away from King's Cross Station, so they walked. They'd only received a few glares when Percy would accidentally run over someone's toes with his suitcase. Minus the length airport lines, the travel went quite smoothly... which was odd. Annabeth wasn't used to such ease when it came to quests, so it set her slightly on edge.

"Must've threw the monsters off. Guess they didn't expect a lot of demigods here..." Percy muttered from behind Annabeth. The three demigods walked in a line, Percy and Thalia trailing closely behind Annabeth because she was the only one who knew where they were going.

"Don't jinx our luck," Annabeth turned around so she could face them, for a few seconds walking backwards, then turned back forward while simultaneously performing the clawed-hand-to-heart-ward-off-evil gesture.