Who said girls can't get down and dirty with boys 23: Part 1

pls vote & comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23

Slowly boys began to trickle in, all of them surprised to see me. When Tyler, Dev and Cal walked in, I knew I was in deep shit. Dev and Cal quickly made their way over to me, Ty trailing behind them.

"Nicky, what are you doing here?" Cal asked, confusion written on his face.

"I thought it was pretty obvious." I said sarcastically, pain putting me on edge.

"What about your leg?" Dev asked, worry clouding his face.

"What about it?" I asked, daring him to say something.

"Nothing. Dev said, sounding defeated.

Ty stepped forward. "Nic-" He started only to be cut off by a shrill whistle.

I looked around to see where the whistle had come from. My eyes rested on a short woman standing at the front of the gym, with brown hair braided to her waist and hard brown eyes.

"LINE UP!" She yelled and everybody slowly started forming a line in front of her. "A LITTLE URGENCY WOULD BE NICE!" She yelled.

Everyone immediately fell into line, some of their faces clouded with fear. I looked down the line and my eyes locked on Ty. He looked at me as if sensing my eyes.

"I understand we have some new recruits." Coach shouted.

"Yes Coach." The team yelled back, while the senior members pushed the new ones forward. As I stumbled forward I stumbled forward I caught Dev's disapproving gaze and Cal's worried one.

"I'm going to give you guys a test run. Every drill I will cut people off the team, whether you're already on the team or not. So, play your best. Now, get your asses outside."

Everyone walked outside, all of us moving sluggishly and lined back up. "I want 5 laps around campus. You have 15 minutes." She screamed, putting her fingers in her mouth and releasing a high-pitched whistle. I started jogging along with everybody else, only to feel a sharp pain shoot up my right leg. I ignored it and the pain gradually started to fade as I ran, becoming a dull throbbing in the background. I glanced around and noticed most of the senior members were sprinting, instead of jogging. What the heck, I thought, perplexed.

"10 minutes." Coach yelled as I passed her the second time. OH SHIT! I had totally forgotten about the time limit. I automatically picked up my pace and managed to finish 30 seconds before time was up.

"WATER BREAK! Except you, you and you." Coach shouted, pointing to 3 boys who hadn't finished before the time limit. I walked over to the bench with my water, and looked up to see the 3 boys exiting the gym. Half the guys had crawled to the benches and proceeded to drink half the bottle. I shook my head in amusement as Coach stormed up to them. "You idiots! Do you WANT cramps?"

"No ma'am." They answered, fear making their eyes glaze over. She stomped away and walked out, leaving them sitting there dumbstruck.

I started to laugh at their expressions when my leg seized up and started to shake uncontrollably. I tried to move the muscle, but couldn't, I had no control over it. I tried massaging it out, like I would a cramp and was pleasantly surprised when it stopped the shaking.

"Get your lazy asses over here!" Coach shouted. I looked up to see her standing by the doors, a bag full of basketballs in her hands. I slowly stood up, to see if my leg would even hold me up. When it didn't give out, I took a few experimental steps and it seemed like it was ok.