The First Family Outing

Niki's p.o.v

The day has finally come!

Words could not begin to explain how excited I was about today. It’s a mixture of excitement and nervousness but I know that everything will be perfect.

Maybe it’s just me trying to stay positive but it just felt like it was going to be perfect. Half of my brain was telling me to not have such high expectations because it’s just safer but that half of my brain was wrong this time.

I woke up early to a message from Angelo.

Ange: I am so happy about today. I’ll pick you too up at 12. See you then ladybug ;)

After Ange found out about my nickname that my family calls me, I am no longer Niki, I was ladybug.

Which did mean a lot because I usually hate when other people call me that but I didn’t mind it when it came from Angelo; I actually liked it a lot.

It was already 11:46 a.m. and I just woke Donny up. It was an impossible mission last night to try to get him to go to sleep because he was as excited as I was.

Like mother, like son I guess.

He was walking around the living room with his toy that Ange and Tyler came to him, telling me how happy he was.    

Donny was talking his little heart out but it was cute. It meant a lot. It told me that he did like Angelo and that he might be okay with letting Angelo into our lives more than just a friend.

“Mommy?” Donny asked.

I sat on the couch; he was standing in front of me with a curious look on his smile. His expression was a serious one.

“Yes sweetheart?”

“Do you like Angelo?” he asked innocently.

“Of course I do, do you like Angelo?” I returned his question.

“Yes I do,” he said proudly.

I smiled for a moment. Maybe today we could possibly ask him how he would feel if I started dating Angelo. All the signs were saying that he would be happy with it.

I do know that Donny needs a father figure in his life which is something he obviously lacks of.

He smiled brightly at me before he went on playing with his toy again. My heart felt all faltered with nerves. This just has go well.

I stood up from the couch and rushed over to the bathroom to calm myself down. Turning on the lights, I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing my normal makeup but my hair was in a messy bun today because I didn’t want to be bothered by it.

I wore a maroon shirt with the sleeves cut off that said ‘Tattooed & Employed’. I was also wearing black shorts that stopped slightly above my knees. My all black Vans topped my whole look off.

Everything was looking great, it was just on the inside that didn’t feel so great. I guess it just feels like this is all happening so quickly.

Rushing into something is what I do not want to do, but if it happens like this then I can’t stop let. You can’t stop the world from spinning so I can’t stop love from happening.

Wait…did I just use the word love?

I did…I knew I care d about Angelo, that was undeniable, but do I love him?

Only time will tell.

Just as I was walking out of the bathroom there was a knock on the door. He’s here! Okay just remember to breathe and everything will be alright.